The Beginning of the End

When asked later, most people could remember what exactly they were doing when it happened. Olivia wouldn't be one of those people, but she was fairly sure she and Luna were laughing at one of Ginny's various jokes about the wedding or it's guests. Luna's laughter sounded like brass bells muffled with clouds, and Olivia had gotten lost in Ginny's smile for at least the second time that day.

And in that peaceful moment, something large and silver came falling through the canopy over the dance floor. Graceful and gleaming, the lynx landed lightly in the middle of the astonished dancers. Heads turned, as those nearest it froze absurdly in mid-dance, the rest of the dance floor following suit. Then the apparition's mouth opened wide and it spoke in a loud, deep, slow voice.

"The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

A moment of deafening silence. Then a scream came from the center of the crowd, and the entire place descended into chaos.

Harry? Was Olivia's hesitant first response. She felt frozen to the floor, barely registering her surroundings as Ginny grabbed her and Luna's hands and started to pull them away from the stampede.

Get to the stage, I've got Hermione and Draco. Do you see Ron? Harry's voice was louder than necessary but Olivia wasn't even phased as she tried to snap out of her initial shock.

"Luna, find your dad and get out of here, okay?" Ginny urged the blonde girl, who sprouted a new look of determination and dove into the crowd.

"Ron—I need to find—" Olivia stuttered out, spells beginning to crash around her as dark cloaked figure began appearing.

"Stay calm, okay? Do you have your wand?" Ginny spoke directly to her, though her own wand and face were aimed towards the chaos.

Olivia barely managed a nod as she began to see the masks, her stomach ready to heave and powers ready to collapse the tent in on everyone. She pulled out her wand with a shakey hand, fully aware that her knowledge of actual legitimate spells was very limited.

In the next second, Ron and the Weasley twins had found the two girls, all facing away from them as to not turn their backs on the enemy forces.

"Where's Hermione? Where's Harry?" Ron asked over the crashing and spell-casting.

"The stage, we need to get to them!" Olivia's panic overrode any stealth they could've attempted.

"Then let's bloody go!" Ron grabbed her free hand as to not lose her and began to pull her away from his siblings.

"I'm sorry," Olivia said once again without thinking to Ginny as she pulled herself free from the ginger girl.

"Be safe." Ginny commanded more than asked, joining her elder brothers in the fight to defend their home.

Ron and Olivia weaved between friends and foes alike; Bill and Fleur fought side by side in their full wedding attire against three masked figures, Remus struggling against an especially ornate mask to reach the overzealous yet vulnerable "Darla", Charlie barricading Laura out of the main fight with his own bodyweight. Olivia's mind was abuzz with a million words unsaid as Ron pulled her further towards the stage.

And then the other three were in view. They had taken shelter behind music stands and instrument cases, although only two Death Eaters were particularly interested in three kids cowering amongst sheet music. Thankfully, the polyjuice potion still had some time to go yet.

"Ron!" Hermione cried in relief. The duel masked offenders spun around to greet them, but between Ron's Stupefy! and the other three's various assorted other attacks, the two didn't stand a chance. Ron pushed the stands out of the way, trusting the three to get their backs as they joined them. Spells continued to rain as Draco and Harry grabbed on to each other and Hermione, who grabbed on to Ron and then apparated all five away.