Chapter 28: Lost memories

Thana stared at her cousin and ran off of the stage and through the school, something was wrong. "WAIT" her house wasn't far she could make it, at least that's what she was hoping. Thana's body was moving faster than it ever had and it felt as if it was burning from the inside but that didn't stop Thana from running. She could see the house from where she was but everything seemed normal once reaching the house. "Could it have just been another argument?" As much as that's what she hoped this wouldn't be a feeling if it was just some stupid argument. She placed a hand on the doorknob and saw it was already open. "HELLO" calling out in the strangely empty looking houseThana's body felt tension crawling through it. "MOM, DAD" Thana slowly walked in the kitchen and grabbed one of the knives her dad cuts with the most. Walking up the stairs everything became unusually quiet going towards their room. The door was slightly open and Ivy could see enough to see red trailing into their closet and into the bathroom. Taking a deep breath her body made its way to the bathroom.

      Thana found her mother's body faced down in the red bath water. Scaling the rest of the bathroom she realized it was covered in blood, her blood. "NO" grabbing her body out of the water Thana turned her over to see that her eyes were completely white with claw marks going down her face like she had been mauled by some animal. Walking slowly from the bathroom it was time for her to check the closet. Thana's mind was telling her to run but it wasn't possible in the moment. But before she could make it close to the closet a man with a black masked grabbed her by the throat and liften her up against the wall. She tried to get him to let go but his strength was too much for the girl to hadle. Letting her body fall to the ground she gasped for air as hepulled out a gun. Pointing it at her she covered her face waiting from the bullet but when she heard the gun fire she felt no bullet. Uncovering her face the teen slowly looked up to see blood falling onto her lap from the man's mouth. She saw an anchor hook sticking from his chest STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER" her father pulled the masked man onto his knees and wrapped the the chain connected to the hook around the man's neck and snapped his neck without a drop of hesitation. Once shoving the man away from his daughter and ending his life Thana's father fell to the ground gasping in pain. "DAD" the girl rushed over to his side pulling his body up against the wall. The mad was holding his hand down on his bleeding chest. "Dadwhat'sgoingonwhathappenedtomomwhyareyoubleeding" her mind was spinning so much it didn't click in her head how fast she was talking. The poor child had hot tears streaming down her face as she looked at the dying father.

      "Thana I told you not to come home" she couldn't believe he was tring to scold her at the moment. "I'm glad I did or you would be dead right now" he let out a short laugh and placed his hand on his daughter's face. "Honey I'm not going to make it" Thana began to shake her head in disbelief. "Don't say that" he gave her a pained smile "I called the police already, Thana I promise one day all of this will make sense but for now I need you to let me go" let him go? She just walked in her house to find her mother dead and her father injured yet he was sitting here spewing nonsense about just leting him go. "What do you mean I'm not going to let you just die" he lifted his shirt showing her the wound. "This is a special kind of poison Thana, I won't make it past the next two minutes so listen to my words carefully" understanding it was nothing she could do she nodded slowly trying to stop her tears.

      "Thana there are some really evil people in this world after you. They won't stop until they find you and when they do they will kill you. Never tell anyone your special name, they'll be able to connect it to us and that will put you and your siblings in more danger than you're already in. The necklace I gave you when you were five, never take it off understand" Ivy could only half way process what he was saying to her. She wasn't even aware she had siblings. "I understand" he gave the child another smile and kissed her cheek. "Thana I love you and so did your mother, never forget" it didn't take even a second later before his eyes were lifeless and his heart had stopped beating. Pulling herself off of the floor she walked over to the man lying on her dead parents floor. Ivy checked his pockets and grabbed the bag he had with him off. Walking down the stairs she left out of the house to see cops everywhere and Jemma jumping out of a car. "Thana what happened" one of the cops asked approaching the house. "They're gone" was all she could say before breaking down into tears knowing she will never see her parents again.

Don't forget to like and comment *inserts bumblebee emoji*