Chapter 32: I hate shopping

Kevin gave me a pair of jeans (which I had to roll up), some converses he bought but couldn't fit, a striped shirt, and a jacket. "You look cute" he pinched my cheeks and grabbed his keys. "Cute I look like I crawled out of some man's house and stole his clothes." He lifted me into the truck since it was high up and my leg was not looking so sharp. "Correction, you limped out of a man's house and you're borrowing his clothes." The both of us knew he wasn't getting these clothes back. "Same difference" as he started the car the image of me pushed against the wall by a girl flashed through my mind.
     "Where do you want to go, never mind we're going to the mall." I swear this man breathed shopping "there wasn't really a point of asking me in the first place." Ever since we were little he's always had a serious ting for fashion and he was they first person to tell you how shitty or non shitty you looked. "So what do you plan on buying" raising my eyebrows I waited for him to say it. "Actually no I'm picking your clothes, you dress like a witch." I mean he wasn't wrong but I liked the way I dressed. "Fine half and half, you pick some and I pick some." We agreed on that as he drove off.
     "You think those people from last night are still after you?" Shrugging I looked out of the window "don't ask me how but I trapped them inside of the hospital so I'm not really sure." I don't know what I did last night, it just happened. But since I don't know if there are any other doors to get out of that place I didn't actually know if they were still after me. "If I had to guess I'd say they were, it didn't really seem like they had plans on letting me go." The image of that boy popped up in my head making me thankful I hadn't eaten yet. "I'm sorry" looking over to him I placed my hand over his. "It isn't your fault and don't blame yourself for it." I knew the feeling of blaming yourself for something you had no control over. Every time my parents would argue I would blame myself for being the cause of it.
     "Everyone kept telling me to go to the house and get you out but I couldn't, I couldn't face you." It was rare to see Kevin sad like this. "I wanted to give you the space you needed to mourn over your parents but all that did was get you kidnapped with a hole in your memories." He was right but it still wasn't his fault "well I'm back now and strangely I feel way better than I did last night." When I woke up this morning and went into the bathroom my eyes were as bright as they usually are. My skin didn't look like I was sitting in chalk for eight hours and my hair looked healthy. I actually cut my hair this morning for the first time in my life. The hair down my back was making me feel like I was being dragged down. Not to mention the fact that I have very curly thick hair so that made things difficult.
     "I like your hair by the way" he nodded in approval "it suits you" looking in the mirror I couldn't help but notice a scar on my neck. It looked like I had been bitten by a dog "What is on my neck" reaching my hand up to touch it I felt a surge of energy pass through me. "Looks like something bit you" the light was red and a car pulled up next to us. "What a cute couple" Grace looked at us with disgust in her eyes. "Grace grow up this isn't middle school anymore. We've graduated and all gone our separate ways, let's leave it that way." When the light turned green Kevin sped away from the little she demon. "Has anything came back to you" my head was starting to clear up but there were things I still couldn't see. All of my memories up until I found my parents came back but everything else is still an unsolved puzzle."
      I saw Angel's name pop up on Kevin's phone and I instantly grabbed it. "Kevin is Thana awake yet" his voice was shaking "Angel you can relax now." I could hear gasps from the other line of the phone. "Shit Thana where were you all this time, do you know how worried about you we were? We didn't know if you were dead or alive. We spent months looking for you and we couldn't find any leads and now you suddenly show up? What the hell happened to you?" I felt bad for that but I couldn't really take blame for me being kidnapped. "To put it short I was kidnapped and drugged for almost a year." Kevin told me how they were already near the campus getting their house together. One thing about my siblings is that they wasn't going to move out until they found someone to be in a relationship with. "Don't worry about me okay, I'm with Kevin and you'll see me soon." Handling things like this wasn't really any of their strong suits nor was it one of mines. "We love you okay" I could here Brianna in the background sobbing "please tell her to stop crying" if she cries I will cry. "She can't help that she just found out her youngest sibling was kidnapped and ripped away from her after already thinking she was dead for almost an entire year. I'm gonna kick your ass when you get here and then I'm not letting you out of my sight." Fighting back my own tears I huffed "Brianna stop crying before I break your ring." Strangely when I was in the bathroom last night I realized the ruby ring she gave me a few years ago for my birthday was still on my finger.
"So you were kidnapped and they took everything but left the ring on you?" Some people were just weird like that "I guess so." I mean who would actually leave jewelry that could have a tracker in it on someone they took finger? "Alright we are going shopping right now and Kevin is getting impatient so I'll see you soon." I hung up the phone and sighed "I feel like something is about to happen and I haven't even hit the tip of the iceberg yet." He helped me out of the car and handed me some crutches. "Why do you randomly have these in your trunk" he rolled his eyes and started walking towards the entrance. "Because a certain best friend of mines would always get hurt." Well he's not wrong but still that's a bit much.
      "We're going in every store this mall have before we leave." My eyes widened and I pointed down to my leg "uh hello did you forget about our little friend on my leg?" Waving me off he grabbed his wallet "as if I can't carry you." There was no doubt in my mind he was going to do just that. "I ever mentioned how much I hate shopping" he smiled at me and cracked his neck. "Yes and I've told you how much I love it" we were like polar opposites but we had so much in common. "I'm going to hate this" shopping was something I hated with a passion "but you'll love the outcome."

(After shopping)

      "Please tell me it's over" true to his word we went into every single last store in this place. "We have one more store" I groaned and leaned against him "ok fine then we don't have to get food." My eyes lit up at the mention of food. "Okay come on I want to eat" he ruffled my hair and pulled me towards the food court. "Sit here and I'll go get us something" the fact that he actually carried me throughout this entire place had me wondering just how strong he is. Something was different about him though. He seemed more cautious with how he worded the things he said to me like he didn't want it to hurt me. He knew I was strong but he also knew how sensitive to things I was right now.
      "That was fast" he sat down and handed me a platter of seafood. "Not really but you were so busy staring off into nothing you didn't notice me standing here for five entire minutes." Blinking I opened the platter and my mouth almost watered at the smell. I could smell the flavor from the food in front of me and in and instant five shrimp were stuffed in my mouth. "Don't eat so fast, it's not going to leave you." Well duh since it's dead but it was still hitting the spot. "So when are we going to leave and also why were you back here anyway?" Kevin looked away avoiding my eyes as he responded. "I came back because of you. I come here every month to see if you came back. I just didn't expect to find you on the side of a highway three hours away."
Strange things were happening and it wasn't good at all. "Since you're here and we have your clothes we can leave tomorrow if you want." Nodding my head I looked over my shoulder to see someone looking at me. "Hey Kevin can you kiss me" he looked at me like I was crazy. "Someone is watching us, it's someone from the hospital. They won't catch on because of my hair but if he sees me kissing someone he won't think I just up and got into a relationship."     I was a strategist, plans popped up in my head in every situation and things always seemed to work out. He slowly pulled my head toward him and kissed me. "Thana can we talk" I knew exactly who it was "bout what" I asked "us". I started laughing, I laughed so hard I was crying "I'm sorry you have me confused there was never an us and there never will be, you were going to reject me so I just beat you to it."
Kevin has really soft lip but this felt wrong (like super wrong.) He pulled back to look behind me "he's gone." We needed to leave as soon as possible "you don't need anything from your place do you?" Realizing why I asked he shook his head and stood up "no but we should stop by that hair salon on the second floor." We left to the hair salon and pointed at a chair "go sit and tell them what color you want your hair dyed." I grabbed his hand starting to panic about him leaving me. "Relax I'm going into the store a couple doors down to buy some contacts." I sighed and waved him off "what color would you like miss?" Eyeballing my hair through the mirror I picked the perfect color. "blue and purple she smiled at me "Tech" gasping I nodded my head roughly. "You know it" she twisted my chair around to face away from the door. "I'll make you look beautiful" never have I ever dyed my hair. I guess I can mark that off my to do list as well.

Don't forget to like and comment *inserts bumblebee emoji*