⭒im sorry

i woke up the next day and went on my phone.

" IS SINGER LAYLANI HILLS AND YOUTUBER DAVID DOBRIKS FRIENDSHIP BROKEN?? READ HE ARTICLE TO FIND OUT!!"

you've got to be kidding. sometimes I wish all my life problems weren't broadcasted to the whole world.

I heard a knock on my door. "come in" I said. the door opened and a shirtless jeff appeared behind it. "oh good you're awake. get up, we're going hiking." he said and walked away from the door.

I groaned and slowly rolled out of my bed. I put my hair in a ponytail and grabbed leggings and a matching sports bra.

I walked out of my bathroom and went into the kitchen. Jeff was sitting at the counter. I sat next to him.

"so, what happened last night? I need a refresher," I said, making him put his phone down.

as he was explaining, I heard a knock on the door. I walked over to it and looked through the peephole. it was David.

I took a breath and opened the door. "what do you want?" I asked him.

"laylani, you have no idea how sorry I am," he began. "I didn't know the story behind your breakups or how horrible those guys were to you."

"david, i guess it's fine if you really didn't know."

"I swear I knew nothing, until I made the three assholes tell me about what they did to you and why you had that reaction. so were good?"

"yeah, i guess were good," I said leaning in to hug him.

"well I have to go. bye lani, see you later."

i closed the door and saw jeff standing in the kitchen. "now that you're all good now, let's go on a nice refreshing hike," he said throwing his arm around me and walking out the door.

___

"the view is beautiful," I said, looking over the beautiful sight.

"yeah it really is," he said looking around. "I'm surprised no one is up here, it's normally really busy."

i looked over at him. his skin was glistening from his sweat and his hair was covered by a hat. he looked so good.

i quickly looked away and he looked down at me. god i just wanted to be with him more than anything. I needed to finally tell him how I felt.

"jeff i-" I began as i got cut off by two familiar voices, scott and joe.

"hey guys, what are you doing up here?" Joe said to us.

"just taken a hike," jeff said as they began a conversation.

of course the one time I build up the courage, the moment is ruined.

the three continued talking on the way back down. I felt like the fourth wheel. I called Carly and Erin because I needed someone to talk to. the three were a little further down then I was.

"hey lani, how are you?" Carly said, sitting next to Erin.

"to be honest, not very good," I started,"jeff spent the night at my apartment and we decided we were gonna go on a hike. David showed up at the door and we made up. jeff and I went on the hike. I really wanted to tell him how I felt about him. I started talking and got interrupted by Scott and joe. now they're talking to each other and basically cut me out of the conversation."I said.

"don't worry, queen. the right moment will come you just have to wait." Erin said.

"thanks guys. I'm gonna go catch up to them. bye love you."

"bye love you too," they said and hung up.

as I put my phone in my pocket, I tripped over a rock and landed on my stomach. "shit," i said looking at my stomach and seeing a big cut. I slowly got up and began walking.

I walked down the rest of the hill and finally caught up to jeff, scott, and todd.

Scott and joe went into Scott's car and left, leaving me and jeff.

"hey, stranger," I said to him.

"lani, im sorry I know this was supposed to be about us but i really wanted to talk to the guys about something." jeff said.

"why couldnt you have talked to me about it?"

"because you wouldn't have understood," he said.

"okay but you didn't have to completely exclude me from your conversation. and also i fell if you have noticed the gash on my stomach."

he looked down at my stomach. "oh my god, lani. are you okay?" he asked, concerned.

"why do you even care anymore? you obviously have no interest in me." I said angrily.

"oh my god, laylani hills, you may be gorgeous but you are so clueless." he said.

"excuse me?"

"if you haven't noticed, I have been jumping at every chance I get to spend time with you and be with you. I like you, laylani hills." he said.

I leaned in and kissed him passionately. I have been waiting for this moment for what seems like forever. we both pulled back and smiled. "I like you too, jeff. I'm sorry I didn't tell you how I felt earlier."