Chapter 7

Rosé 😍😍😍^

_______________________________________
Jisoo couldn't truly believe it. The chances that it would happen in the same week had probably been very low, but still here she was, almost facing Jennie’s ex-girlfriend for the second time. What surprised her the most was the fact Chahee was standing in front of the YG agency building. The poor girl looked so scared and lost. It was as if she was hesitating between entering inside or not. She was clutching something in the palm of her hand, but she couldn't quite see what it was from where she was standing. She didn't seem to have noticed her either. The black haired approached her and finally faced her, giving her one of her softest smiles, trying not to scare her off. She knew that she had to be extra careful with how she was acting around her; she was pretty sure that she was the kind of person who would find insults where there wasn't.

The white-haired female's eyes widened and she took a step back. She seemed to be embarrassed that she bad been caught. She was holding the thing in her hand so strongly that her knuckles were white.

"O-Oh… hi…" Chahee said above a whisper, her eyes directly going on the floor. "I… I'm sorry, I was actually heading home, s-so I have to go…"

Jisoo wouldn't let her escape. She knew very well what the girl was doing here; she wanted to see Jennie. It was probably the only chance her favorite model had to speak with her, so she wouldn't let her get away. She knew well enough how much Jennie had desired to see her. Chahee was probably feeling the same way since she had gathered enough courage to come here.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Jennie  will be happy to see you. I actually have a photoshoot today and she'll be here, so I can most definitely bring you to her."

The other female seemed to be reflecting on it, biting on lower her lip in thought. After a long moment of hesitation, Chahee surprisingly nodded with determination and actually stared into her black eyes for the first time.

"Y-You're right! I… I have to see her." The white-haired girl opened up her palm, revealing the matching necklace she had been wearing the other day. "I… I have to give this back to her and break up properly. I… I can't move on completely because of it a-and it's probably the same for her too."

Jisoo understood that it was the best thing to do. Both of them obviously needed to sort things out. It would help to free their mind from unnecessary and depressing thoughts. And maybe —just maybe— it would help to lighten Jennie’s mood a bit. The beginner model mentioned to Chahee to come inside with her, which she did, following her closely from behind, as if it was a way to protect herself.

"W-Who are you for Jennie?" The white-haired female asked, probably wondering if she was a new girlfriend or something along that line.

"I'm just an annoying girl who needs to mind her own business." Jisoo chuckled to herself, not wanting her to think that there was something special between them when it wasn't the case at all.

The dark haired instantly noticed that the staff were staring at them with confused and shocked looks. They were murmuring amongst themselves and they could clearly hear them as if they were doing it on purpose to speak loud enough.

"What is this girl doing here? I thought she realized that she wasn't good enough for this job. Gosh, I can't believe she even got a photoshoot for a magazine."

"Heh, if it hadn't been for Jennie protecting her likee she was her little pet, she wouldn't have come this far."

It was horrible. Jisoo felt her blood ran cold. She was getting angry, but she knew better than not to get pissed at them; it would only attract more trouble. But at the very least, she could hear some people protecting her, saying that they only hated her because they were jealous. Jisoo turned to Chahee who was now completely frozen in place. Her whole body was shaking and her eyes were starting to water up. She was even covering her ears with both hands, not wanting to hear a word they were saying.

The female didn't know how to react. People were being horribly cruel to her. No wonder why she was refusing to go outside.

"Enough!" A recognizable mature voice snapped. "You're all being so pathetic."

It was Jennie. She was glaring daggers at the staff, her expression as cold as ever. They immediately got silent and returned to do their work, obviously scared at the idea of the popular model hating them. Without saying anything else, she took the terrified Chahee’s wrist and leaded her somewhere more quiet. Jisoo knew she should leave them alone. However, curiosity was once again getting the better of her. She followed them discreetly and made sure that she wasn't seen when they stopped to talk.

"What the heck are you doing here!?" Jennie shouted, visibly angry at her ex-girlfriend.

The black haired had to restrain herself not to flinch for Chahee. Jennie should know that now wasn't the time to be mad, especially considering what just happened. The poor girl was now trembling even more. She was stuttering incomprehensible words, tears ready to fall anytime soon. Finally realizing her mistake, the brunette sighed and noticeably calmed down.

"I'm sorry, Chahee. I got mad at you because seeing you here scared the hell out of me. You should have known that it wasn't the brightest idea." Jennie murmured with concern in her voice. "If you wanted to talk, you could have given me a phone call or came at my house later during the day."

Chahee finally rose her head to stare at the model. As if she couldn't speak anymore, she took her hand and carefully put the necklace in it, hoping that she would understand without her having to say anything. A long silence then ensued in which Jennie stared at it carefully. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, knowing very well what it meant. They were finally breaking up.

"You could have kept it as a memory, I wouldn't have minded it."

"N-No, it hurt just looking at it. I-It's better if I don't keep it at all."

Hesitating a bit, the older woman shoved it in her own pocket. They stared at each for a moment until Jennie broke the awkward silence again.

"I would like us to stay friends. I don't want you to pretend I don't exist anymore."

"I… I don't know, Jennie. I… I don't know if I would be able to do it."

"Why not? If it's just because you don't want to come out of your house, I'll come visit you."

"I-It's not just that." Chahee whispered, fidgeting a bit. It was as if she was about to admit something she had been meaning to keep as a secret. "I… I don't think my feelings for you are completely gone and I'm scared they might come back as strong as they were if we were to stay friends."

Jisoo seriously felt like she shouldn't be listening to them anymore, but it was stronger than her. She wanted to know what Jennie was going to reply to her, especially since she seemed a bit taken aback at the revelation. It was a bit strange to see her being emotional all of a sudden; she was used to her unbreakable coldness.

"I… I understand. When you think you'll have completely moved on, please give me a phone call. I don't want to erase you from my life."

Chahee nodded and replaced a strand of her white haired from her face. She knew well enough that Jennie didn't have feelings for her anymore. However, something seemed to be bothering her.

"M-May I ask something? Y-You're not obliged to answer if you don't want to, b-but…" She took a deep breath. "Did you truly love me?"

Jennie crossed her arms over her chest. She averted her gaze, seemingly ashamed.

"I cared deeply about you. Enough to accept getting into a relationship with you, but not enough to say I loved you." The brunette whispered softly; it had been honest and straightforward and yet she seemed to be doing her possible not to hurt her. "I don't fall in love, but I do care. And I cared enough to be your girlfriend."

Ouch.

Jisoo could guess that it hurt the shy girl. Her face was showing both distress and betrayal. That didn't sound right at all. The black haired just wanted to interrupt them and speak her mind out, but she restrained herself for once. She would be truly meddling into her business if she did.

"Y-You can be such an horrible person, Jennie…”  Chahee murmured , biting away her tears. "I hope you'll understand love one day and that this person is going to hurt you, just so you can understand this pain. Y-You deserve it…"

For such a timid and unconfident girl, the white-haired female seemed to be quite comfortable with the model to be able to say such things. Chahee turned her back to her.

"I… I'll be going now, and I don't need you to escort me. I'll be fine."

"Alright, if that's what you want. Take care."

Chahee almost ran away. Jisoo then decided to make her apparition, her face showing deep anger. She couldn't believe what she just heard! How much of a jerk could Jennie be!? She stepped in front of her, her eyebrows furrowing deeply, hands on her own hips as she stared into the popular model's crystal brown eyes.

"You seriously need to be more considerate of other people's feelings! I'm pretty sure Chahee would have preferred to get rejected by you rather than you telling her that you accepted going out with her because you cared! It's as if saying you just pitied her."

"Ah?" Jennie glared back at her, teeth clenched. "You nosy girl. You've been listening to us. It was a personal conversation; you had completely no right to listen to us. You should know when to back off."

Jisoo knew she had gone too far. Listening to them had been a big mistake, but she didn't think things would have turned out that way. The poor Chahee was probably going to sob her heart out when she would return home. She was about to add something, but then a familiar blue-haired young man appeared, his arms crossed, harboring an unusual, almost severe look.

"What was Park doing here, Jennie?"

"She's gone now, so it doesn't matter."

Hanbin didn't seem to be believing her. He was frowning.

"As long as you're not involved with her anymore…"

"I think you meant; as long as you're not dating her anymore, your popularity won't be at risk and I'll continue to gain my damn money."

Jisoo blinked in surprise. She had no idea he knew about their relationship. She was pretty sure that they would have kept it a secret from him —unless he had guessed it.

"You're just putting words into my mouth." Hanbin sighed and ruffled his blue hair. "I was worried that things would have gone wrong for you. Maybe you should take Kai’s offer and pretend to be his girlfriend for a while and then make a dramatic break up scene. There are already some suspicions that you're swinging the other way, Jennie."

"I don't give a damn. I'm not in the mood to be having this conversation now. Jisoo has a photoshoot practice and that's what we should focus on."

"Right, but you won't be escaping it forever." Hanbin turned to Jisoo and gave her a thumb up. "Alright, beautiful young lady. It's finally time to show me how special you are! I'm sure this is going to be great!"

The manager seemed to be very confident about her that it made the black haired feel a bit uncomfortable. However, she still followed him, Jennie close behind them, arms crossed. She looked mad at her; she could guess that it was because she had meddled in her business again. Jisoo knew she should try to be careful with that, but she really couldn't help herself.

When they arrived, she was a bit surprised. It looked like a real photoshoot! There were professional photographers and a beautiful real-looking tropical background. Everything made her even more nervous, especially when a designer lent her a stylish white dress with a summer hat for her to wear during the photoshoot. She shyly accepted it and went into the small dressing room. She quickly changed herself and tried to zip up her dress from the back, but it was to no vail. She popped her head out from the room and timidly looked at the staff.

"Um… can someone help me zip my dress? I can't reach the back properly."

Hanbin gently pushed Jennie towards her direction.

"Since you're the only woman here, it's your job."

The model rolled her eyes and obeyed. She entered inside the dressing room and abruptly made Jisoo turn around by grabbing her by the shoulders. Her heart started beating harder in her chest as she noticed Jennie was staring at her back. She couldn't see her, but she just knew it. Her gaze was carefully caressing her. She was about to tell her to hurry up, but gasped in surprise when she felt a finger ran down her spine slowly, brushing her skin with her nails. She shuddered under the gentle touch and inhaled shakily.

Oh God.

"Your back is completely flawless..." Jennie murmured with unusual admiration.

"Uh… thanks?"

The female blushed a gentle red and looked at the floor. What the hell was that? Jennie touching her a bit too intimately and then complimenting her!? Hadn't she been mad at her just a few minutes ago? That woman was so confusing at times. The brunette then finally zipped up her dress. When Jisoo turned around, she was met with an expression she had never seen on her favorite model's face before. There was a bit of coldness mixed with some kind of denied warm.

"Do what we did during our photoshoot trainings and everything should be fine. Since it's a summer theme photoshoot, you should be pretending you're enjoying a vacation in the south."

Jisoo nodded determinately. She should be able to do it.

"Do your best or else I'll be ashamed to have trained a failure."

"I won't fail." The dark haired grinned confidently at Jennie. "I meant it when I said I'll be a better model than you."

The brunette shook her head, but still smirked competitively at her.

"We'll see about that, nosy girl."

Jisoo exhaled deeply and exited the dressing room. She went in front of the cameras and noticed Hanbin giving her a thumb up. He mouthed her a 'you look fabulous, girl'. Though, her nervousness soon hit her at full force when she realized that it would determinate her fate as a model, if she was actually good enough to become one. She had seriously learned to enjoy every bit of it and she was pretty sure it helped boosting her confidence at the same time. She could do it. She knew she could.

When the photographers gave her the signal to start, Jisoo self-assuredly struck many different poses and expressions —just like Jennie had taught her to do. She pretended to be enjoying summer vacations, sometimes using some cute naivety to show her point. She could feel Hanbin’s and Jennie’s intense stares at her, examining her every move with judgment.

After a few minutes, the manager clapped his hands together.

"Alright, this should be enough. Well done!" He approached the photographers and took the cameras. "Let's examine those at my desk. We'll see if you're good enough to be part of us. Jennie, come with us too, since I'll have to talk to you about our deal afterwards."

Jisoo was actually a little bit out of breath. She didn't think it would be that exhausting. She thought she did pretty good. She glanced up at Jennie and was shocked to see her smile approvingly at her. It made her heart flutter. It probably meant that she had done gone enough. She hoped so at least.