Chapter 12 - The Hospital

Last Time:

In the crowd, Sirius, James, and Lily were looking for Remus everywhere. Suddenly, Lily gasped, grabbing the other two boys attention.

"Remus..."

Trigger Warning: Mention of blood and injuries.

3rd person POV:

Sirius and James came running towards Lily to find Remus on a stretcher, a white sheet over his body.

"Is he...?", Sirius asked.

"No, he is alive, but barely," the man pushing his stretcher said. Behind him, 3 children appeared, 1 girl and 2 boys. They all seemed to be around 9-10 years old.

They all had tears running down their faces, each hosting minor cuts, and bruises. They ran to Remus and started saying "Thank you" over and over again.

As Remus was rolled away, James went towards the children and asked, "Why are you thanking him?"

The girl, who seemed like the oldest, said, "Because he saved us in the crash. Do you know him?"

"Y-yeah, I do. What do you mean saved you?"

"He understood the plane was going to crash 5 minutes before it actually did and even tried to tell the pilots, but no one listened. He gathered us together because we were the only children on the flight, and covered us to protect us from the impact.

"Once the plane crashed, sir didn't wake up for 3 minutes. We kept trying to wake him up. I thought he died because of us. But then he woke up and seemed dazed. He saw us and pointed to the exit through the fire. He pushed us through. After we were far away from the fire, he went back inside to help the other survivors.

"He went back in 3 times before he returned and collapsed in front of us, his clothes on fire and blood all over him. That is when the rescuers came."

James gasped and Sirius had his hand over his heart. Lily was covering her mouth, new tears lining her face

"Remus, you righteous prick, you courageous fuck," Sirius joked through the tears.

"Oh yeah," the girl said, "before the impact, I heard him whisper "I love you, Sirius"."

Sirius then closed his eyes and the tears went rolling down his cheek.

That is when the children went in search of their parents.

A doctor came out of a room and said, "Remus Lupin. Anyone here for Remus Lupin?"

The three went to the doctor and asked what happened.

"I have just done the basic check-up right now," the doctor started, "and from what I see, he has many grievous injuries. In seems that on impact, something had fallen on his head. He might have a concussion and other effects that we cannot know until we do further tests or he wakes up.

"His head is also bleeding, meaning that he will be needing to get either stitches or staples on his head. It also seems like he has a broken rib or two, severe burns on both his legs, and his right arm is probably fractured. This is just the initial report, mind you, so it may change. Things might be more or less severe than this."

Sirius, James, and Lily were terrified. Remus was basically broken all over, and it might be worse?!?!

Lily shook her head in understanding at the doctor.

"We will be doing the other tests and check-ups now. Please be patient because it might take a while," the doctor finished before heading back inside.