Chapter 14 - The Wedding

3rd Person POV:

Today was the day.

Today was the day of Remus and Sirius' wedding. And they couldn't be happier.

That does not mean they were not nervous. 

They had not seen each other due to the instructions of James and Lily. 

Remus and Lily stayed at their house while James and Sirius went over to the other couple's place. Lily and James had to keep reassuring Remus and Sirius that it would all go well.

Remus and Lily were the first to make their way to the venue. As they reached the venue, Remus was awestruck at how perfect it looked. It was a simple set up because none of them wanted to make a huge event out of this. They were just happy that they were able to marry each other with no hassle and that is all that matters to them. There was a flower arch made of Baberton daisies and German chamomiles under which Remus and Sirius would stand. It was exactly like they planned; perfect.

Soon, the guests start arriving. They are close friends from work or college, James' family, Lily's family, and Remus' mom. The officiator comes and everyone takes their positions. That is when James and Sirius arrive for the wedding. James is walking Sirius down the aisle and is his best man as well. Everyone turns around to look at the two walking towards the arch. Remus is smiling so wide his cheeks hurt but he doesn't care. His very soon-to-be husband is so damn beautiful. 

Sirius is wearing a white suit with black trousers, while Remus is wearing a full black suit with a white shirt underneath. 

Sirius is walking towards Remus, towards his life, smiling the widest he ever has. He just wants to run and kiss him because he looks so kissable ever time. This was the first time he has seen Remus today and he looks like a god.

He finally reached the arch and stood opposite Remus, facing him. Behind Sirius stood James and behind Remus stood Lily. The officiator then stars the ceremony.

"We are all present here to witness the joining of Sirius Orion Black and Remus John Lupin in Holy Matrimony," he started.

"Remus, repeat after me."

"I, Remus John Lupin, of sound heart and mind,"
"I, Remus John Lupin, of sound heart and mind," Moony repeated.

"Promise to take Sirius as my lawfully wedded husband."

"To love and to cherish,"

"To support in sickness and in health,"

"Until Death do us apart."

"Now, Sirius, repeat after me."

"I, Sirius Orion Black, of sound heart and mind,"
"I, Sirius Orion Black, of sound heart and mind," Padfoot repeated.

"Promise to take Remus as my lawfully wedded husband."

"To love and to cherish,"

"To support in sickness and in health,"

"Until Death do us apart."

"You may now read your vows", the officiator said, turning his head towards Remus.

He took a deep breath and started.

"We met 5 years ago at the airport when you came to get airline regulation documents. I remember looking at your face and getting mesmerized by it. You slipped me your number and now, here we are. I remember that first time we kissed, we were in your old house and totally covered with flour, but somehow, you still looked like runway-ready. 

"You are amazing and sweet and kind. You are the best person I have ever met and the one who has supported me every step of the way. I love you so much, and I wouldn't be standing here right now if it weren't for you. I love the lazy nights and the mornings where we are both rushing for work. I love that no matter what we do, we do it together. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, Sirius."

Remus wipes the tears in his eyes and looks at Sirius, only to see tears spilling out of his eyes. Sirius is smiling and wants to jump on Remus and kiss him, but calms himself down.

"You may now read your vows", the officiator said, turning his head towards Sirius. 

Sirius wipes his eyes before starting. "The first time I saw you, I was enchanted by you and your laugh. You were glowing like gold and when I gave you my number, I was so scared of your reaction. 3 days later, when you remembered and texted me, I flung my phone across the room and James luckily caught it. I was so happy, and I have been since that day because I am with you. And I never want to let you go, Remus, ever."

Remus was smiling, tears pricking his eyes.

"Bring the rings," the officiator said. James' mom came forward with the rings which Remus and Sirius slipped onto each other's fingers. 

"I now pronounce you husbands. You may kiss the groom."

"Finally," Remus and Sirius thought. 

Remus' hand was on Sirius' cheek. They leaned in to meet in the middle, slowly and then fast. Their lips collided and everything else slipped away for a moment. All that was there was them and their love. 

"I love you, Remus Black-Lupin."

"I love you more, Sirius Black-Lupin."

"Impossible."

A/N: Hey guys! This is the second last chapter of this book. Enjoy the story. You can follow me on my new Instagram account, the_best_sp_, for updates and sneak peeks.

Bye, Potterheads and Wolfstar Lovers,
Until Next Time,

--SP