Prologue

The friendship between Lena Luthor and Kara Danvers has always been delicate, fragile, and risk of imploding. The two women clearly love each other, in some sense of the word, but they had too many secrets, too many things still hidden from one another. It seemed the world was always against them, whatever they did, however hard they tried, they always seemed to end up together but separate. Even their families hated each other, Lex vs Superman, Supers vs Luthor, somehow they found each other, in the mists of it all, like a modern day Romeo and Juliet, but thats not what this is.

You could ask either one of them and they would blame themselves for the eventual implosion of the fore mentioned friendship.

Kara Danvers, mild mannered, kind hearted, actual puppy, loved by everyone who meets her.

To most people, including Lena, she was one of CATCO's best reporters. But the truth of the matter is that, good ol' Kara Danvers is in fact, SUPER powerful, SUPER powered, definitely a SUPER cool alien, SUPERGIRL. A fact which until recently was hidden from her best friend Lena Luthor. Now if you asked Kara what caused her friendship with Lena to implode, this would definitely be the reason. The 'super' secret. She had lied to Lena for years about who she was, knowing about the bad blood between the two families, knowing how Lena would feel when she found out.

Lena Luthor, CEO of L-Corp, billionaire, super genius, bad ass independent woman, secretly a small bean who just wants to be loved.

The public all had opinions about who Lena Luthor was, she was just like her brother, she was only out for herself, she didn't care about the city or the people in it, she was a cold hearted, evil, manipulative LUTHOR. No one knew the real Lena, no one but Kara, but still just as Kara had kept secrets about herself, so had Lena. Lena's secret was not that she was a superpowered alien, compared to that, Lena's secrets seemed, small and insignificant. But to Lena, those secrets were the reason for the implosion, for the destruction of her fragile and delicate friendship with Kara Danvers. Lena Luthor had at one point been on the same path as her brother, she had intended to bring pain and misery to Supergirl, but that was before she fell in love. She couldn't help her feelings, they just happened. She knew Kara would understand that Lena was not the person she was, that she had changed, the she was in fact good. But Lena could bring herself to tell the youngest Danvers all the thing she had done, all the things she planned to do. It was a secret she intended to take to the grave, but like most good plans, it failed. Lena was forced to share her secrets. Small and insignificant as they were.

The truth is that, though the two woman kept secrets from each other, for various different reasons. The real reason their friendship ended was neither of their faults, somethings are just delicate, not meant to last, and completely out of anyone's control. This was one of those things...