Chapter 8 - The Arthur to my Guinevere.

For the next few months Kara and Lena became closer than ever, if that's even possible. They had both fought too long and hard to waste another minute, recent events proving to both just how little time they could have. Lena frequently woke in the middle of the night, relieving the day she lost her Kara. Unable to do anything as Kara came crashing to the earth, feeling the heat from her laser vision, choking on the dust that billowed into the air, filling her lungs. Frozen as Kara's body fell lifeless in the crater time and time again. Each nightmare the same, each containing an extreme amount of detail as if she was truly there once again. That day would forever be carved into Lena's mind, fearing on day she'd wake up and realising Kara was in fact still dead and the last few months had been one cruel and twisted dream, that she deserved being a Luthor after all.

One night was particularly bad for Lena, she startled herself awake, sitting bolt up in bed, breathing so heavily you'd think for a moment she'd forgotten how. Just as quick as Lena had awoken Kara appeared by her side, reminding her that the last few months were real, that Kara was alive, healthy than she had ever been and was never going to leave Lena again. Soon enough Lena calmed down as she always did, Kara spent the next 20 minutes rubbing small circles on the younger woman's back, before Lena slowly curled up against the hero and fell asleep. Kara lay awake for the rest of the night thinking about everything, about how much had changed and how much hadn't. Kara knew what she had to do next, but she needed to make sure it was perfect. Lena Luthor deserved nothing more less then perfect.

A year passed by in a Barry Allen, lots had changed, Alex and Kelly adopted a child together, Winn returned from the future with his fiance Mon-El, Brainy and Nia had plans to travel the world together. Everyone was happy for the first time in a long time. There was love, there was hope again and everyone was excited to see what the future would bring. L-Corp had been working on a new piece of tech, the launch was in a few days. Lena had been ridiculously hard to make sure everything worked as planned and that the launch would be a success. Kara had been visiting the local children's hospital, spending as much time as she could there, she wanted to return hope the children. There was a woman there once that reminded her of Lena, she didn't do or say anything, just stood and watched. Kara assumed she was a fan so didn't think anything of it. Little did she know this woman would be important to her in years to come.

The day had finally arrived, Kara was going to ask Lena to marry her. She'd been planning the perfect night for the last year. She needed Lena to know just how much she loved her. Kara text Lena, to make sure they were still okay for dinner. As normal Lena replied in seconds, the text was a simple 'Of course' followed by a heart emoji, but it made Kara's heart flutter and her brain melt. The love she had for Lena made her feel as though she could move a mountain, and she would if Lena asked. By the time Kara had everything set up she had 20 minutes to get changed and collect Lena, thank Rao for superspeed.

Kara arrived at the door of the penthouse, she lived there no but she wanted to do this properly. Slowly she raised her hand a gently knocked on the door, she listened to the click of Lena's heels as she walked to open the door. Kara had know Lena for what felt like a lifetime, but she was still amazed by how beautiful the younger woman was.

"Wow, Lena you look beautiful." Kara said taking Lena's hand in her own, placing a small kiss on top.

"Kara, I'm not a princess, and this is not the ancient times." Lena chuckled playfully pulling her hand away.

"Joke all you want, though you'd never admit it, we both know you'd rather live in Camelot not National City." Kara laughed guiding Lena out off the door, double checking it locked behind them.

"Only if you'd be the Arthur to my Guinevere." Lena laughed linking her arm with Kara's as the pair headed down to the car.

"I think I'd make a good Arthur, I have the looks and the strength." Kara laughed.

"The modesty as well I see." Lena laughed placing a small kiss on Kara's cheek.

"I'm not too good with a sword though, I'd definitely need Merlin's help."

"Well you always need Alex, so no change there." Lena laughed stopping to open the car door for Kara.

"I will always need Alex. You know I planned this date I should really open the door for you." Kara joked getting into the car.

"Yes but you have a bad habit of pulling the handle off when you get excited, I still don't see why we couldn't fly."

"Because this is all part of the fun." Kara laughed, as Lena rested her head on her shoulder.

The journey was short, it didn't take long for the pair to arrive at Kara's super secret location, the desert on the outskirts of the city. Kara had set up a picnic, there were candles dotted around the area lighting the area just enough. There were blankets and cushions. Kara had thought of everything.

"Wow, Kara, this is amazing! When did you have time to do all this?" Lena asked running over to the area.

"I took the day off, I wanted it to be perfect for you."

"Oh Kara, anytime I spent with you is perfect, well not anytime...oh you know what I mean." Lena said pulling the hero in for a kiss.

Everything went as planned, the two enjoyed a wonderful dinner from all over the world, then they looked up at the stars. Kara pointed out were Krypton would have been, Lena told her all about the constellations and their meanings. Everything was perfect, Kara stood up walking away slightly.

"Kara are you okay?" Lena asked following the blonde.

"I've been thinking about this day for the last year, and now its here, my mind seems to have stopped working. I thought about all the ways I could do it, I thought about all the things I say, but now, now I'm not sure any of it is good enough."

"What do you mean?"