Chapter 4 - Kara Danvers, Earth's mightiest hero and completely useless.

The fight had been going well. If you call going well having your ass handed to you. Even with all the heroes, from all the Earth's they could contact, they were still no match for the anti-monitor. Oliver Queen had sacrificed his life in the battle. Sara and the Legends were loosing there minds trying to find a way to stop it all. Kate Kane was still trowing everything she had at the fight. Even Barry Allen, a man know for his enthusiasm and grit, was slowly giving up. There was one last tactic they had. If someone could generate enough energy they could kill the Anti-Monitor, but the only way of getting that much power was the take it from the centre of the sun.

Superman had tried to argue, but Kara knew it had to be her. Clark had a child on the way, he had a family to look after. As much as it hurt her, Kara knew that Clark's life meant much more then hers. She would hate to leave Alex but she knew Alex would be fine, she had Kelly, and Brainy, Nia, John and Lena, or at least Kara hoped she would have Lena. It's not fair of Lena to abandon her friendship with Alex over Kara's mistake. Kara also knew that she needed to talk to Lena one last time, before she did something that would likely kill her.

"Lena? I'm sorry. I know you aren't doing this for me, and I know you don't think we can fix this. I accept that, and I know it's my fault. I love you Lena, I always have, and I always will." Kara said landing next to Lena who was trying hack into something.

"Kara now is really not the time. If you want to confess your love do it later." Lena snapped at the hero.

"I fear there won't be a later for me, so I want the last thing I saw to you to be, Lena Luthor, I am crazily, stupidly head over heels in love with you, you deserve the world and I hope one day someone will give it to you. I love you." Kara said placing a quick kiss on Lena's cheek and flying off before the CEO could say anything.

Kara flew as fast as she could deep into the sun, the plan was to absorb as much radiation as possible then transfer the power to the Anti-Monitor using her Laser vision. All Kara could think about whilst she floated in the centre of the sun was Lena. She felt bad. She should be thinking about the fight, and how they were going to win, but she wasn't. She was thinking about everything she ever said to Lena, and how she meant every word of it. Well almost every word of it. She had said some things she definitely didn't mean, but she was caught up in the moment, she was scared and she lashed out.

Kara would regret those words for the rest of her life, and if there was anything after that.