Chapter 6 - Flash of Light, Sinking Feeling and Piercing Green Eyes.

The room quickly became flooded a bright light and radiation, it became so intense that Lena had to turn away, for a moment she thought she'd have to leave, the light was burning. It felt as though she was being simultaneously energized and drained of all her energy. It was a feeling Lena had felt before, there was so much energy radiating about the room, Lena was starting to think that maybe she wasn't safe. Almost as quickly as it opened the portal closed, unable to contain the enormous amount of power falling through it. Even with the DEO high powered lights the room seemed dark compared to the way it had looked moments before. Lena peered into the room at her friend, she could had swore she saw movement, but she needed to wait a little longer to make sure it was safe to enter.

After what felt like hours but was in fact only a few minutes it was finally safe for Lena to go in, and see if her plan to bring back her best friend had worked. Slowly as if trying not to wake a sleeping baby Lena entered the room. Just as before Kara's body was laying lifelessly, nothing had changed, not a single thing, as if she was completely frozen in time. Through visual inspection it seemed as though Lena's plan had not worked, but wanting to be one hundred percent sure, Lena began checking for a pulse or any sign or life. Though Lena tried so hard, it had not worked. Supergirl was still dead, Kara was still dead.

Just as she was about to collect up her things and go, the portal began violently shaking. The system was overheating and about to explode. Lena ran to the door in an attempt to leave, but the door was stuck. Lena tried with all her strength to open the door, she screamed and shouted but no one heard her. There was no stopping the portal from exploding, and there was also no escaping. Lena, already tired and broken, gave up, she had excepted that she was going to die. She didn't mind though because she was going to die with the person she loved most in the world. The portal began shaking harder, Lena guessed she had a matter of moments left. She walked over to the bed where Kara laid gently picked up her hand a waited for her fate.

"I'm sorry Kara. I was so cold with you, I was angry and scared. I should have told you when you were still here to hear it. I love you Kara, I always have and always will, even though I fear I wont have much longer. I truly am sorry Kara, I tried everything." Lena cried into the shoulder of the hero. There was seconds left before the portal was going to explode. Lena sat and began counting down in her head. Just as the device exploded Lena was swept off her feet, rushed out the room, through the door that was blown open and gently placed on the floor before her hero fell into a heap next to her.

It took forever for Lena to piece together what had happened, to realise she wasn't dead, that someone had saved her, and that someone was laying next to her. She slowly turned her head to look at the person who has saved her life. Laying there a mess of burnt clothes and familiar blonde hair. KARA. It had work, Lena's plan had worked. Kara was alive, not only was she alive but she had saved Lena's life.

"Kara? Are you okay?" Lena asked quietly rubbing Kara's back.

"Am I okay? Lena, are you okay? What happened? Why was I in there? What were you doing? Did we win?" Kara rambled quietly, sitting up and leaning against Lena.

"Oh Kara I have missed you, yes darling we won, but you...died." Lena explained leaning her head against Kara's.

"I died? but how am I here now?" Kara asked.

"I'll explain it to you later, right now I think we need to find Alex, get you checked over you've had quite ordeal. You've been dead 3 years."

"3 years? I really need to stop missing out on ageing." Kara chuckled lightly, standing and holding out and hand for Lena.

"Yeah you do, I've gone from being younger than you to older than you." Lena laughed taking Kara's hand and standing up.

"I've missed a lot haven't I?" Kara asked.

"To be honest with you Kara, so have I, I locked myself away the whole time you were gone."

"Lena..."

"No Kara, don't say anything. Just out of interest how much did you hear before you saved me?" Lena asked, guiding Kara towards Alex's office, still holding the blonde's hand.

"Not much at all, I too focused on saving you, I never want to see those piercing green eyes if yours so full of fear ever again, that was a scary thing to wake up to." Kara said turning away a little bit.

"Kara? What's wrong?"

"You spent 3 years hidden away, just because I died. Why didn't you move on with your life?" Kara asked.

"I couldn't, at first I didn't know why, but now I do. Kara Zor-El, yes I know you're name sorry not the point, Kara Zor-El, I love you, every part of you, I think I always have and I know I always will." Lena said stopping and turning to face Kara.

"KARA?!" Alex shouted from behind the pair.

"Ummm...hi Alex." Kara said nervously. 

Just a small chapter for those who were not happy with the cliffhanger. I will be updating again over the weekend. Thank you for all the support with this fic. I've been struggling with writing at the moment, so thank you for hanging on and sticking with me. :)