Chapter 7 - Meet Kara: Friend, Reporter, Superhero.

Alex checked over Kara for any long lasting damage, it turns out Lena did a better job than she thought, not only was Kara alive and well but she was stronger than ever. Alex was satisfied that Kara would be fine, and Kara was ready to get back to work, there was one small problem. Supergirl coming back to life could just about be explained to the people of National City, but Kara Danvers, the normal human who had died chasing a story during all the chaos, that would be incredibly difficult to explain. Everyone who knew the super secret worked extremely hard to come up with a believable story but even Kara herself could not come up with anything good enough.

After a lot of thinking, Kara decided that she would tell her story to the world, she would reveal her identity, it was the only way out of this difficult situation. There was also hope that this would restore some faith in the hearts of the people. This was the only way, it meant that Kara could quickly return to work, as both Supergirl and Kara Danvers. I would also give Kara the opportunity to rebuild, repair and develop her friendship with Lena.

A week later Lena had organised a press conference, she had invited all the biggest news companies, Nia was there on behave of CATCO. Kara waited nervously atop a nearby building, Lena was with her, trying to calm the hero down a little bit.

"How are you feeling?" Lena asked leaning on the balcony wall next to the hero,

"To be honest with you Lena, I don't really know how I feel. I know that this is the best thing to do but I'm worried, the whole reason for my secret identity was to keep my life separate and my family safe. If everyone knows then that doesn't work anymore, I'm putting my family at risk by doing this, I'm putting you in danger." Kara said sadly realising the consequences to what she was about to do.

"If there is on thing I've learnt its that life never works out who you want it to, or how you expect. Trust me, I'm the Luthor that fell in love with a Super. Kara darling, danger is part of the job and everyone knows that, but we also know that you will do whatever it takes to keep us safe. I have never once felt in danger when I've been with you." Lena said pulling the hero in for a hug.

"Thank you Lena, you always no what to say, we will come back to that comment about the Luthor falling in love with a Super, but right now I should probably go before I talk myself out of it." Kara chuckled giving the smaller woman a quick kiss on the cheek before flying off the the press conference.

"Go get them, Supergirl." Lena chuckled watching as the woman landed on the stage.

Kara landed on the stage outside L-Corp, and all the press immediately started asking questions and the photographers began snapping pictures.

"Hello People of National City, I'm know you were expecting to see Ms Luthor stood here today but...as you can see I am not Ms Luthor. I realise for the last three years you have all believed I was dead and the truth is I was, but with some help from a insanely smart woman, and my kryptonian DNA, I was able to come...from the dead... As you all know, there was a big fight during which both I and Kara Danvers, Reporter from CATCO died, you see the thing is, Kara is alive, because...I am Kara Danvers. Well actually as some of you may already know, my name is Kara Zor-El, but when I arrived on Earth I was adopted by the Danvers family and became Kara Danvers. I would like to apologise for lying to all of you about who I was, but for obvious reasons I need to keep my identity a secret, but I am unable to do that now as I need to return to work as some semblance of normal life and I can't do that without being honest with you all. I know there will be lots of questions, and I am happy to answer as many of them as I can, but not today, I will set up lots more conferences and interviews but whilst that is happening I would appreciate it if you could all let me continue with my life as best as I possibly can."

"Thank you Supergirl." A little girl shouted from the crowd.

"For what?" Kara asked the little girl, stepping of the stage and walking towards her.

"For everything, for saving us all and telling the truth. I promise to let you live your life, if you promise to still save us."

"Of course I will, I'm still going to be Supergirl, but I would like to still be Kara Danvers too."

"Thank you."

"Thank you...now...I really should go, there is someone waiting for me." Kara chuckled thinking about Lena still waiting on the roof.

Small chapter again, I'm sorry, but at least its something. haha, I'm trying.