I'm not short!

Ashely's Pov

Monday's the worst day of the week. I mean think about it. What's not to dislike? You're required to wake up early to go to school or work and by the time you get home the day is gone. Fortunately, today is the first day of my senior year and as soon as it's over I can get out of this town.

"Maddison, Ashley wake up!" My mother screams from downstairs. I wake up and go into my bathroom. I brush my teeth, shower, and change into a hoodie that was my dad's, a pair of jeans, black Adidas, and put my hair in a bun. After I'm dressed, I head downstairs where Maddison, mom, and dad already are.

"Do you have to embarrass me? It's the first day wear something nice for once," Maddison asked me with an unpleasant look from her seat.

"At least I'm not dressed like a hooker," I grumble under my breath and sit down to eat.

"Okay kids, me and your mom are off to work and have a great first day." My father says standing up and kissing Maddison and I on the head.

"I'm going to head out too," I tell Maddison only to get some snarky answer in acknowledgment.

"I don't care, I have my own car," She says back and I just sigh and walk to my car.

About 30 minutes later I get to school and go to my locker.

"Hey, bitch!" My best friend Lilly says she has dyed blue hair and brown eyes.

"Hey, Lills how was your morning?"

"Good, oh who do you have first?" She asks with a grin on her face.

"Mr. Woods biology."

"Aww, I have history with Mr. Harrison, but Nikki has Mr. Woods," Lilly says and I'm sad she's not in my class but happy I get to see Nikki. She and her family went to Fiji for the summer.

*BrInNgGgGg*

"Well, I'm off, love you!" Lilly says hopping off through the hallway. If you didn't get it Lilly had a pretty bubble personality when it came to most things. I head to my first period and sit by Nikki.

"How was Fiji?" I ask her.

"Absolutely amazing you should have come." She says with a small smile.

"Yeah and thanks for inviting me but Maddison whined to our parents about how unfair it would have been for me to go," I say with a small sigh and roll my eyes.

"Well, she's a self-centered little bit..." Nikki was cut off when the teacher came in and began to teach.

"Okay class I know it's the first day but, don't think I'm going to be lenient on you I want a 4,000-word essay on my desk Friday about the industrial revolution." Mr. Woods says and everyone but me groans.

"You can all start except you Mrs. Evens they want you in the office." Mr. Woods says and I stand up and walk toward the office. What's wrong? Am I in trouble? I haven't done anything. I hate getting called to the office one slip up and I would be found out.

"Ashely thank you for coming." The principal says once I open the door a guy sitting at her desk he's very handsome. He's wearing a leather jacket, grey shirt, blue jeans, Adidas, and a perfect jawline. I must have been gawking too long because he was smirking.

"Ashley would you mind showing Blake here around he's new and I put him in all of your classes." Mrs. Owens asks.

"Yes ma'am, of course, I will," I say with a smile.

"Thank you y'all can go." She says and Blake stands up and walks out the door.

"Hey, I'm Ashley Evens," I say with my hand stuck out.