I'm not helpless!

Ashley's POV

"Why are you here?" I ask my ex-boyfriend Liam who cheated on me with Maddison.

"Don't be like that." He says leaning on the door frame. "You're not welcome here Liam." I snapped at him.

"I'm welcome wherever the hell I want to be." He says gripping my arm so tight I could feel it bruise.

"Liam let go that hurts," I say clenching my jaw as I tried to get out of his grip.

"Let her go man." A voice booms from behind Liam.

"Who the hell are you," Liam asked, still holding me while tears stung in my eyes.

"Blake Salvatore." He says and I see the fear flash in Liam's eyes but quickly masked it with a blank face before letting me go and throwing me to Blake.

"Take her, she's nothing but a weak whore anyway." He says walking off. "Are you okay?" Blake asks.

"Yeah, thanks to you, why are you here," I ask.

"I live next door, I just got back." He says and I get confused.

"Mr. and Mrs. Grey don't have a kid," I say the Greys are my neighbor's there really nice people.

"Well, I'm not there, I'm their new foster kid." He says with a blank expression.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know," I say.

"It's fine I don't care." He says.

"Wanna come in?" I ask.

"Sure." He replies and I step aside to let him in.

"What would you do without me first you almost fall and now this," Blake says tsking and shaking his head.

"I'm not helpless!" I say a bit louder than I mean to and he steps closer to my face brushing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I know you're not princess which is why I hate that you let them stomp all over you." He says and I gulp from how close he is.

"What do you mean I let them stomp all over me?" I ask.

"I asked about you then I found our friends and asked what happened to your ribs. Why do you let your sister and her friends hit you." He asks with a pissed off look.

"I don't know," I say looking down in false shame. I did know why.

Blake's POV

She bows her head in shame. She's so beautiful yet so broken I can relate with her on that. I lift her chin to look at me. "Look at me," I say and she snaps her eyes to meet mine.

"Look, everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses and it is only when you accept everything you are and everything that you aren't that you will truly succeed," I say a quote my mom used to tell my aunt and my aunt told me before she passed.

"That was beautiful." She says.

"Yeah well you're beautiful so start standing up for yourself okay," I say and she blushes.

"Okay but only if you show up to classes," she says and I smile.

"Yeah, we'll see about that goodnight princess," I say walking out the door.

"Goodnight Blake see you tomorrow." She says leaning on the door watching me walk home. Once I get to my door I hear her door shut. *Ring* My phone goes off and I pick it up.

"What Matthew!" I ask.

"Something went wrong, you need to get down here now!" He yells and hangs up.