Chapter 14

*Dally's POV *

I knew exactly where I wanted to take Izzy. There was a nice park just out of town with a forest that stretched for miles. I was deep in thought until I heard Izzy ask if I had a cancer stick.

"Nah sorry, I don't," I replied.

"But we can stop and get some,"

"Thanks, Dal," she said. She was still a bit red from a comment I made earlier, but I didn't want to embarrass her so I didn't mention it. I pulled into the convenience store car park and went inside to get two packs of smokes.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked Izzy.

"Nah, I'm ok," she replied.

I went in and got the smokes then returned to the car.

Izzy looks as beautiful as ever. When I got back the sun was streaming down on her face, lighting her chocolate hair, and making her eyes sparkle. She smiled at me before I put the car into gear and pulled out of the car park.

*Izzy's POV *

I didn't know where Dally was taking me, and I didn't care, I was just happy to be with him. I knew I was still red from earlier,  I didn't want to draw attention to it so I didn't look in the car mirror. I simply just asked Dally

"Do you have a cancer stick?"

"Ughhh no," he looked a bit stunned that I was asking.

"But I can stop somewhere and get some," he said

"Thanks, Dal" I replied.

I don't smoke that often, a pack can normally last me 3 days unless I share them, or have a hell of a day. It was just then I realized I hadn't had a cigarette for 2 days, I thought one might help my nerves. Dally pulled in the car park of a convenience store and went to get some. I quickly checked my face in the car mirror while he was inside, it was still red, but one of the bruises I got from Bob, covered most of the side Dally could see while he was driving, so I felt a bit better. Dally came back and passed me 2 packets of cigarettes before he got in the car. When he was inside, he grabbed a cigarette out of the packet and handed me one as well, he then struck a match against his steel necklace and the match bursted to life, he lit his cigarette and passed me match so I could do the same. After it was lit, I extinguished the match and threw it out of the truck. I took a long drag of my cigarette and blew the smoke out the window, I look over at Dally. He had taken a drag of his cigarette too, but instead of blowing out the window he blew it straight into my face. I took a deep breath in, accidentally choking on the smoke, I started having a coughing fit that hurt more than it should have.

"Izzy, Izzy. Are you ok, what's wrong?"

Dally was hectically asking me. I just started laughing.

"It's not funny, Isabella," he said firmly.

I was still coughing a little bit,

"Sorry, Dal," I said in between coughs.

I winced a little when I took my next breath.

"You hurting?" Dally asked still annoyed

"No, I'm fine," I snapped at him, letting out another little cough. I threw the rest of my cigarette out the window. I no longer felt like it.