Chapter 16

*Dally's POV*

Izzy blew her top off at me, I tried my hardest not to lose it but I failed, I yelled back at her and I told her that I loved her. She froze and said what with such scepticism that I said it again.

"Isabella Mathews, I love you,"

felt so ashamed that I had yelled at her, I just stared at the ground.

"I love you too," I heard her say,

I looked up, stepped forward and did something I never thought I would do, I kissed her and she kissed me back. As we pulled away we started to apologize to one another. I joked around a little when she asked if she could apologize, because of the go she just had about me saying sorry. I wrapped my arms around her waist and forgave her. I then took another chance and lent down whispering in her ear I asked if she would be mine. She lifted her head back and kissed me.

"Is that a good enough answer?" our faces were inches away and she was smiling in her reply.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"How's about we head home?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm tired," Izzy said, as she wrapped her arms around me. I picked her up and carried her to the car.

*Izzy's POV *

Dally and I were in the car heading home. I could stop thinking about what just happened, and the fact that Dally and I were now dating. He grabbed my hand and placed it under his on the gear stick, so he could hold my hand while he drove.

"Want a cancer stick? " He asked.

"I'll just steal a puff or two of yours," I said cheekily.

"Oh, really, babe?" He grinned and lit the cigarette took a couple of puffs then passed it to me.

* 2 hours later*

It was about 5:30 pm by the time we were back in Tulsa.

"What are we going to do? " I asked Dally,

"You could come back to Bucks with me?"

"What about Two? He'll be worried if I'm not back by 8,"

"You can call him from the phone at Bucks," Dally suggested.

"He's probably at the Curtis house,"

"Ok, good idea," I responded.

I sure hope there isn't a party at Bucks tonight, I just wanted some quiet time with Dally after the way I reacted today. We arrived at Bucks place, there was no cars and no noise, this is great I though. Dally and I walked in and Buck was on the sofa.

"Hey, Buck," Dally said as he chucked him some keys.

"Hey, Dallas, is this why you were in a good mood this morning?" Buck asked, nodding in my general direction

Dally look a little embarrassed,

"Hi, Buck. I'm Isabella, but everyone just calls me, Izzy," I introduced myself to Buck as is shook his hand.

"Pretty, and polite, she's a keeper Dallas," Buck said nudging Dally's shoulder.

"Yeah, I know Buck," Dally's replied made me smile.

"Ok, let's go," Dally said in a low voice.

"Wait, I need to use the phone, Buck, do you mind?

"No, not at all, it's over on the bar."

I walked over and dialled the number of the Curtis house.

"Hello, this is Ponyboy Curtis, how can I help you?"

Thank goodness it was pony who answered the phone.

"Ponyboy, it's me, Izzy, can you do me a favour and tell Two I'm alright? I'm with Dally and I'm going to crash at his,"

"Yeah, sure thing, Izzy," he replied.

"Thanks, Pony! Goodnight,"

"Night, Izzy," Pony said as he hung up the phone.

"Goodnight Buck, it was nice to meet you, thanks for letting me use the phone," I called out as Dally and I headed upstairs. He lead me into his room and it was not what I expected, it was clean with only a set of drawers, TV, bed and a bedside table with a lamp on it. I went over and sat on the bed as Dally headed for his draws, he got out a top and threw it at me.

"Here you go," he said,

"Are you sure you want me to sleep in this?" I asked,

"It will be more comfortable than what you're wearing now, babe," Dally did have a good point. I walked out of his room and headed towards the bathroom to get changed, as I got changed I studied the long cut that ran down my rib and the one from my check, to the base of my neck. They didn't look that bad. Darry had done an amazing job at stitching them up, also the bruises Bob, and his mates have given me weren't as bad as I thought. I put on Dally's top, it fitted me like a dress but was so comfy, I tied my hair up in a messy bun and headed back to Dally's room. When I walked in he had nothing but a pair of shorts on I had seen Dally shirtless plenty of times and just ignored it, but this time I took a good look. I asked him where I was gonna sleep?

"In the bed," he answered.

"And you? " I stupidity asked, he laughed,

"In the bed too,"

"Ok," I said.

I walked over and climbed in the bed, Dally climb in next to me. I laid there in silence facing away from him, then I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me closer to him. I felt his warm breath down the back of my neck, I felt safe laying there with Dally, and without any issues, I fell asleep.