Chapter 3 - Deals & Doubts

**REMINDER: POV'S WILL SHIFT FROM PERSON TO PERSON NOW**

*******************************************************************************

MARCUS GIBBS

--------------------------------------------

I watch Luke Olivier do a line of coke off my coffee table and it makes me uncomfortable, but who am I to complain?

I peer over at the clock and it is nearly 2AM. When is this fucker going to get to the point so I can call him a cab?

“Would you like some?” he asks as he offers me the straw and wipes his nose.

“No Thanks,” I like to keep my drug habit a secret, and would rather keep a clear head around a creep like this guy.

“Do you have the product ready?”

Product. I bounce the word around in my head and decide I approve. What else am I supposed to call it?

“I do. It’s at my lab though. 15 vials. They must be refrigerated, and isolated. What is your plan? Who have you been talking to?” I have to admit I am new at this. I don’t know how mean men work. All I know is I want my money, and I want the credit.

Ignoring my questions he asks, “Do you have a cure for this disease?”

I purse my lips slightly annoyed, and respond curtly. “That is only for me to know. I have the disease ready for the client who needs it. It will easily wipe out a small population. Isn’t that what they asked for?”

Luke nods equally annoyed, and suddenly his French accent becomes thicker with his anger, “Listen to me --don’t give me any attitude. I don’t have to be here right now, remember?”

Dammit. I bite my tongue. This fucker is right. They had bids from other equal minded people, but I decide to go for it, “But I have the best product,” I sneer.

As if confirming the statement I see the anger leave his face, and he smiles ever so slightly. “The men I am working for will be sending someone within the next couple of weeks or so to confirm testing, and then transport. They will say they are acting as a liaison for me –remember I still have to do that deal with Jeremy Hunt, we are renewing the contract for another two years.”

I nod, but roll my eyes. I guess there is always the more legitimate business to attend to as well. It’s good for covering tracks.

Suddenly I am remembering that Luke not only works under the table for some other bad men, but also is the communication specialist for another big bioengineering company in Paris that contracts work from Sunscape Biotechnologies too.

Though I think he prefers working for the dark side –I think his drug habit helps fuel his need for danger.

This man is responsible for quite a few under cover gigs within the United Nations, pretending to supply ambassadors with bioengineering help to steer some economies in a better direction financially, when in actuality he had helped selected terrorist groups understand the ins and outs of certain government departments. I know he is responsible for the hacking of Germanys government contracts in regards to advancements in their military projects involving a list of bio companies, including his own.

He is a slimy motherfucker, that’s for sure. No backbone.

“Understood. I will wait to be in touch then,” I say it with such a tone to signal that I am ready for him to leave now.

He smiles eerily at me, and for some reason my reflex is to soften my scowl.

As if he has won he gets up from the couch, pocketing the baggy containing the rest of his coke, and extends his other hand to mine.