Chapter 16 - Scared or Scarred?

ALEX TURNER

---------------------------------

I bring the sheet up to cover my bare body, and perch my head on my hand as I prop myself on my side staring at the delectably naked Jeremy Hunt, the sheet covering him just at the waist. He is incredibly adorable with his blond hair in disarray and his perfectly angular face. His eyes are practically glittering with warmth.

            “You know it’s rude to stare Jeremy?”

            He lets a smile spread through his face, “Why can’t I look at you?”

            I huff and roll my eyes, but I can’t stop smiling too, “Because…it makes me feel uneasy.”

            “But I like to look at you.”

            “Obviously” I quip and lucky for me he stifles a laugh.

            I lean in quickly to place a kiss on his lips and begin to pull away, but he never lets me get away that easy as he wraps his arm around me pulling me to his lips for longer than planned, but I don’t protest. I don’t think I could ever resist Jeremy Hunt from this point on. I have a hard time suppressing my giggle at the thought.

            He pulls away now examining my face, “What are you laughing at? Me?”

            I let myself laugh some more as I say, “As funny as you are, I was just thinking how I really can no longer resist you…”

            He glows at hearing the statement, and runs his hand down my face as he says, “And to think, all you did when we first met was try and resist me,” and he nuzzles my neck placing a sweet kiss under my ear.

            “Well, you can be quite persistent Jeremy.”

            And I can feel his smile as he continues to kiss down the nape of my neck, and across my collar bone to my shoulder, and all of a sudden something happens that I had no power to stop --I flinch.

            I tug myself away from his lips as he crosses over the deep scar on the edge of my shoulder and its evident that the mood shifts.

            He lifts his head to look me in the eye, worry sweeping his features, and his blue eyes tense like a coming storm, “What’s wrong?” he asks.

            How do I get out of this? “Nothing. Nothing is wrong.” Shit. Shit. Shit.

            And as if testing it he reaches out to touch the scar with his fingertips and this time I rollover on my back to avoid the contact.

            “Alex…” His stern tone obvious.

            “I don’t want to talk about it. Please don’t ruin the moment Jeremy” I am pleading with him to let it go. Maybe we can talk about who I really am in the near future, but not right now.

            He opens his mouth to speak, but using his own tactic I quickly sit up and press my lips to his, silencing him.

            He appreciates the touch for only a second, and cannot help his grin, but he manages to pull away, “I know what you are trying to do…” he accuses.

            I grin mischievously and decide one more attempt wouldn’t hurt as I lean farther to kiss him again. He allows it a couple seconds longer than before, and then pushes me away. It wounds me slightly and I feel the tension rising in my shoulders. Oh no.