Hurtful Truth

3 weeks later...

The breeze blows against her skin which had made her feel some sort of peace for the first time in a while. Her feet plays with the grass before a sigh escape her lips. She reach into her pocket to retrieve the lighter before lighting up the cigarette that's between her lips.

 She reach into her pocket to retrieve the lighter before lighting up the cigarette that's between her lips

"It's been a while since you've last smoke" She turns to face the voice from behind her. 

Jungkook takes a seat next to her before taking away the cigarette from her mouth and stash it to the grass. "Hey!" She frowns to his action while he hands her a lollipop. 

"Try this, it's better" He waves the lollipop in front of her face.

"Forget it" She pushes the lollipop away, but he insist her taking it by putting it into her palm.

"So...what's on your mind?" He asks while she puts the lollipop into her pocket. 

A sigh escape her lips while she looks up to the cloudy sky. "Some stuff..." was all she said, but he didn't buy it.

"Haeyoung..." He calls her which made her eyes averts to his face. She could see his mouth open but then shut again as he is hesitant to speak the words.

"What is it?" She urges him to continue. 

"Who's Mingyu?" He finally asks her his long kept question since the day that they have shared a kiss. Mingyu, the person who could mean a lot to her as it relates to her pass. Who is he?

That made her face sadden when the memory that she had kept buried inside of her finally making a comeback. She knows that she would need to tell Jungkook about it after they had shared the same feeling. This is it, the day that she would tell him about her past.

"Kim Mingyu" She starts while looking ahead of her. "He was someone special to me" 

"Was?" He asks her and she nods her head before continue "He was my first love"

Her first love, Kim Mingyu. The person who had ever made her feel love again. The one who would always have a special place in her heart.

 The one who would always have a special place in her heart

"He passed away a few years ago..." She licks her lips before biting it so that she could hold in the tears that was about to come out.

"He was everything to me. After my parents died, I never thought I would feel love again, but he..." She breathes out "...he manage to do so" She turns to smile at him which he return the gesture.

"What happened?" He asks which made her shut her eyes to the bitter memory.

"He suddenly disappear and I felt that my world had crumbled when he left me just like that" She fumbles with her fingers. "I was about to lose myself, but Jinu was there to help me get through it" 

A tear escape her eyes when she realized that both of them are now gone. The people who meant a lot to her are now gone and it made her heart hurts at the harsh reality. 

Jungkook strokes her back to comfort her while she wipes away the tear off of her face. "I never thought I would meet him again until..." 

This is the part where it would affect Jungkook as she takes a deep breath before she continues "...I found him at a brothel"

His eyes widen to the information before the memory of that place flashes before his eyes. It made his hands becomes cold and his body tremble whenever that piece of memory pops up in his mind.

"He faced the same thing that you did and..." She feels hesitant to continue the next part.

"...and you saved him just like how you saved me" He finishes it for her as he already know the real reason to why she is willing to help him, a stranger who she just met. 

She becomes speechless as she looks at his glossy eyes. He knows, he already knows where this story would go and she could see the hurt in his eyes as soon as he realized the truth.

"Jungkook..." She reaches for his hand, but he pulls it away before looking at her and asks "Why did you saved me?" 

It breaks her heart listening to his shaky voice and his face shows how broken he is to know that she had saved him because "I remind you of him didn't I?"

She moves closer to pull him into a hug, but he abruptly stands up before looking down at her "You saved me because you thought that I could take his place didn't you?"

What she says next definitely shatter his heart as it is the hurtful truth that she had kept from him since the day she had saved him. The real reason why she helped him in the first place...

"Yes"