Chapter 18 - she's just a friend

We've arrived at the the airport and it's just turned six in the morning. Everyone's cranky from lack of sleep so I decided to do a Starbucks run.

" who wants coffee, it looks like you could all use a cuppa" hands consisting of Nate, Stuart, Mike, Michelle and Beau shoot up I look over to Joel who answers with "can I have a green tea please" I nod my head then turn my attention to ruel who is listing to music and texting on his phone. Joel nudges him slightly which makes him turn his attention to me "sorry" he says taking out his AirPods "would you like anything to drink?" I ask "I'm fine thanks" he looks down at his fingers fiddles with them then says "I'll come with you" a smile spreads across my face relived that I don't have to walk across the airport alone " thank you".

"That's all thanks" I reply to the barista just as I'm getting my credit card out "no need" ruel says from behind me " I've already paid, do you think the others will want sugar" he says wondering over to the table with the sugars and spoons leaving me confused to when he paid for the drinks. " when did you pay for the drinks" he looks up at me after he had pick up some sweatners "when you turned around to smile at the baby who kept laughing" his smile grew bigger "you sneaky rascal, let me pay next time" his eyes met mine before he said " I can't promise you that there won't be babies around".

Everyone had gotten up from their seats and started to mount their backpacks on them as everyone had started to bord the plane "Got everything?" Nate asked as we all scanned the area where we were based before heading towards the plane. Now on the plane, heading towards the back to where our seats are, a stewardess asked me and Michelle, who are at the front of the group where are seats are " 30 abc- def and 29 a and b" Michelle replies as we followed the stewardess as she led us to are seats. " there is no way I'm sitting next to you again Mag" Michelle exclaims. " why not?" ruel asked as he raised his eyebrow " On the way to Tokyo there was a bit of turbulence and this one" she said while nudging me "Is a panicky flyer and her grip on my hand only got tighter". I look at her hand and see the tiny bruises I made on her hand "I've told you I'm sorry like a million of times" I say before being interrupted by ruel "I'll sit next to you." followed by a shrug of shoulders " if you want of course" the team all had smiles on their faces that they tried to hide but couldn't "guys piss off, " he grunts "she's just a friend" he whispers under his breathe not knowing I heard it while taking a seat next to me. Just a friend. Normally words don't hurt me but this just stabbed my heart.

Ik Ik I haven't uploaded in ages, sorry. I'm going to try and get into a routine again. Love u xx