5

5

It was dark out by now. You were still in your parents bed room. The stranger had left you and hasn't returned for hours. The silence was nearly unbearable. You sat in the dark, your eye lids growing heavier and heavier by the second.

Meanwhile, Atan was pacing back and forth in the living room which held your brother, Ephraim.

"Tell me about your family," he demanded the boy. Ephraim glared at him.

"Go to hell," he spat. Atan rolled his eyes and groaned. The ginger criminal picked up a book off the shelf in the corner. It was a dictionary. He then lifted the heavy book above his head and slammed it down onto Ephraim's face. Your brother grunted. The edge of the hard cover book cut his lip.

"As I was saying," Atan continued calmly. "Tell me about your family."

Ephraim groaned, his chin resting against his chest in defeat. The big blonde bloke was tired of violence. He was tired of fighting. He was tired of blood. He just wanted to take Maggie and go away from all this hell....

"What do you want to know..." His voice was weak. It was written on his face that he was ashamed of betraying his family. Atan smirked at the obedience.

"Good. Now tell me about your sisters." Ephraim perked up, a scared expression.

"W-why?" Atan smirked.

"I'm curious. That's all." Ephraim suddenly jerked against his restraints.

"Don't hurt her you sick bastard," he spat violently. "If you touch Maggie, I'll kill you myself! Don't you dare even think of taking advantage of her!"

Atan grinned.

"Oooooh, so protective of your baby sister, hm? Maggie, right?" Ephraim's face was red with rage. "Hmm..... ya know, she sure is a pretty one..."

"You sicko! If you touch her-"

"What? Hm? You'll be mad if I decide to.... sample the cuisine? There ain't many girls in my prison. It's been a while since I got to fuck a girl. And Maggie will do just fine."

Ephraim was jolting againdt his chair, the rope cutting into his skin. He had to defend his little sister. The love of his life. He had to get her out of there.

"Ya know... I've never touched a girl so young. How old is she anyway? The youngest of your family. Such a pretty child..." Ephraim stopped fighting, frozen.

"Wait." All the anger and horror in his voice was gone. "You mean YN?" Atan raised an eyebrow. "The baby sister. That's not Maggie. That's YN."

"Oh."

The moment of clarification made Ephraim chuckle. Atan glared at him.

"What's so funny?" Ephraim just laughed a little harder.

"Haha, I was so scared.... I was so scared you were gonna hurt Maggie."

"Wait a second. You don't care that I'm threatening to rape your baby sister? You were scared I was going to barely touch the older girl?" There was a moment of silence. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You can take YN," Ephraim said, a relieved smile on his face. "I don't care. As long as you don't hurt Maggie, you and I won't have a problem."

The look of horrified disgust on Atan's  face was indescribable. He froze, stuck between wanting to kill the boy, and kill his precious Maggie in front of him.

Atan stormed out of the room, leaving Ephraim with a relieved smile. He went straight to the room he was holding your mother in. The sewing room.

There was a large table covered in sewing supplies. Another few buckets filled with cloth and fabric sat on the floor. The older woman cried as Atan entered the room and picked up a large pair of silver scissors, sharp enough to cut flesh.

Atan ripped the cloth out of your mother's mouth and she gasped for air. Make up streamed down her face.

"Please!" She begged. "Please just let us go! I swear, we won't tell anyone about this..... just don't hurt my babies!"

Atan sat on the floor in front of the chair. He didn't have a hateful look on his face. Quite the opposite really. He looked calm. That was the most terrifying part of all of this.

"Tell me about your children." Your mother was confused. But she was more than happy to talk about her babies.

"Ephraim is my oldest. He's a strong and tall boy, but not very bright. I wish he would get into sports. He helps his father a lot on the farm. He's so helpful and kind."

"What about Maggie?"

"Maggie is so bright and talented. She's going to college some day." Your mother had a dreamy look in her eyes, thinking of how her daughter was going to do big things. "She'll make the world a better place. I can tell."

"And YN?"

The woman went silent. When your name came up, all the colour drained from her face.

“What about her?”she asked, her eyes on the floor. She couldn’t look at the man who just asked about her youngest child.

“You listed all good things about the other two. What about YN?”

“She’s 15. She’s lazy and rude. She doesn’t do her chores. She’s not beautiful or smart like Maggie. And she’s not strong and loveable like Ephraim.” Atan glared at the woman.

“How could you say that about your own child?” he violently whispered at her. She rolled her eyes.

“You haven’t seen her the way I have. She’s been crying and whining since she was born.” Atan’s head started to spin. Those were the same words that he had heard before….. Before…

Well, it was the same day that everyone else in his household died.

Atan stood up and put the mother’s gag back on. She cried a little, trying to protest the gag. It didn’t deter him. Once she was gagged and silenced, Atan picked up the silver scissors again and held them with the blades open. He pulled the blade over her arm and she began squirming. Her hands were tied to the arms of the chair so she couldn’t fight back. The moving made him roll his eyes.

In one elegant move, Atan struck the blade down on her skin. He left a large gash in her arm. As blood began spilling down her skin, she shrieked. It was silenced by the gag. Atan smirked, then brought the blade up to her face, leaving a small cut on her cheek. Blood dripped down and she was shaking and screaming.

No one in the house knew what was happening to your mother. No one besides Atan. When he left the room, there was blood on her clothes and skin, but she was still alive. Barely.

Atan found himself wandering towards your room again. He wanted to know if you were really as your mother had said. If not, you and he were all too similar. He entered the room. Your head was hung and you were softly snoring. He walked towards you, then turned on a lamp sitting on a nightstand on one side of the bed. You didn’t move. You were fast asleep, even in you uncomfortable position tied to the chair.

Atan sighed and untied your hands, all the while shrieking at himself in his head.

ATAN STARWARD, screamed his brain. WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK ARE YOU DOING!? STAHP. STAHP RIGHT NOW. STAHP IT!!

And yet he didn’t stop until you were tucked into the bed gently.

“Ugh,” he quietly groaned. “Why the hell did I just do that…..” He was about to tie you up again when he noticed something in the light of the lamp. Atan gently brushed your hair out of your face and saw a large black eye and a cut on your lip. How he hadn’t noticed those previously was beyond him.

There was something off about this family. Of course, a person like Atan was not one to speak about dysfunctional families.

I mean….. he killed his.

*****
Thoughts?

Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a nice day!