10

10

Atan sighed. Apparently the farm needed to be tended to, and since the father was dead and the others would simply escape, he needed to have you do it.

"You want me to do what?" You asked in disbelief. "Atan, I can't work with the bees. And I can't pick crops. I've never done that before. Ephraim always did that. Can.... can he do it? I mean, he's much better at it. I shouldn't-"

"We have to keep up appearances," Atan said. "I guess I'd be able to help, but I would need a disguise and an alias. I'll be your cousin or something. Benji, I guess. In case neighbors see us or something." You sighed and nodded.

The nearest neighbor wasn't too far away. They could hear machinery and anything outside of the house. Anything inside however fell on deaf ears if it was heard at all.

So, Atan dressed himself in Ephraim's clothes and went out to care for the bees with you. It was odd, however. You had never actually taken care of the bees, but you had seen your father do it a million times.

Approaching in the suits, you smoked the bee hive enough to knock them all out.

"Hey!" Called a voice. The neighbor kid, Jake, was running towards you.

"Stay back!" You helped suddenly. Jake came to an abrupt stop. "Sorry! I'm taking care of the bees, ya know? I don't want you to get stung."

Jake was only 9 or ten, but always running around everywhere. He loved playing around your farm, even though your father had warned him that it was very dangerous.

Atan stepped behind you. Jake noticed him instantly. The young boy waved gleefully at the murderer, completely unaware of the horrors he had commited.

"At- Benji," you barely caught yourself. "This is Jake. He lives next door."

"Who are you?" Asked Jake, cocking his head to the side. Atan was annoyed by this kid. Of course he knew he shouldn't kill a kid, but he didn't want you knowing him. Even a little.

Atan forced a smile at the young boy.

"I'm Benji. I'm YN's cousin." The young boy smiled and started running away. You ignored the situation as though it hasn't happened and continued attending to the bees.

One stung you hand through a small hole in the glove that was much too big for you. You winced and fell backward, landing on your ass.

"Ouch!" You exclaimed. Atan jumped suddenly.

"YN! Are you Okay? What happened?" He yelled worriedly.

"I'm fine," you said quickly. "I just got stung by a bee. I'll be fine. Really. I'm going to go get a bandaid and a new pair if gloves. I'll.... Ill be right back."

As you rushed away, Atan watched you worriedly. His eyes turned dark and he looked to the bee hive.

"They're just bees," he muttered to himself. "They're just bees. They didn't mean to hurt her. They didn't mean to hurt my YN....."

A bee landed on his hand. Atan quickly smashed it between his fingers.

"And yet they hurt my YN nonetheless..." he smirked. "Time to kill some pests."

You finally took care of your injury from the bee. There was a bandaid covering it along with a small dab of tooth paste to stop the itching and stinging (read authors note at the end of the chapter).

Before you could get the bee suit back on, Atan entered the house, covered in a gross looking mush.

"Atan? What is that?" You asked in disgust. He shrugged.

"I killed a bunch of bees," he plainly said. "They were buzzing too loudly. Don't worry, though. There's still a lot left."

He stripped off the bee suit and left it in a nasty little pile.

"YN, do you care for your siblings?" He asked out of nowhere. You shrugged.

"They never cares for me. Why should I care for them?" Atan sighed and nodded. "Why do you ask?"

"I'm just checking. I didn't want to hurt you if I kill them." You smiled sweetly, as though what he had just said was completely normal. Gliding across the room, you set your hand tenderly upon Atan's shoulder.

"I was kinda hoping I would get to kill them...." you said, gently pressing your fingers into his shoulder. He gingerly set his hand upon yours, encasing you in his warmth.

"Don't worry, love," he smirked. "I know just the way you can help."

*****
Psychotic breaks sure are fun.

Also, quick note to anyone who didn't know this: when dealing with bug bites, apply a small amount of tooth paste to the bite. The tooth paste will bring the venom to the surface and make it stop itching. Try it next time you have a bug bite or a sting!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a nice day!