18

18

"I love you"

With those words, the barn exploded behind you. It would take a miracle for anyone to survive that. Giggling happily, you got into the passenger seat and Atan in the driver's seat.

The two of you drove away, ready to start a new life together.....

However, you hadn't known about Ephraim and Maggie. Ephraim had gotten a grip of the spike and forced his binds undone. He nearly screamed in the pain as they slashed his wrists. Blood dripped down his arms.

As soon as he was free, Ephraim wasted no time in undoing the binds of his beloved sister.

"We have to hurry," he urged, rushing to the back of the barn. There was a secret door, one you had never known about. It was just used to transfer hay in and out of the barn, but Ephraim knew it was big enough for them to slide through.

The two siblings snuck through the tiny window just as the fire set the barn ablaze. The two were thrown forward onto the ground.

Well, Maggie was. Ephraim, on the other hand, was caught on a splinter of wood sticking out. He shrieked in pain as the fire consumed his body, leaving his alive just enough to see Maggie scream his name with tears flowing like rivers.

The pregnant girl could waste no time, however. She had to get away. Maggie couldn't stop and help the brother she loved so dearly.

She ran as fast as her broken and abused body could carry her, towards the nearest neighbors. The explosion had been loud enough that the neighbors heard it and called emergency services.

Maggie saw the fire truck coming at her before she reached the house. Franticallyt flailing her arms in the air, the young gf irl luckily caught the attention of the driver.

They pulled over at the horrid sight of the girl, covered in ash, blood, and tears. She wept heavily, trying to force words to form.

"They.... they...."

The fire fighters didn't have time for this. They handed her off to medics following close behind, then continued on their urgent way to the home that was currently on fire.

With no clue as to what had happened, both you and Atan happily drove down the road in the opposite direction from Westfall. You wanted to see the world. And Atan would show it all to you....

You hid in an old motel for days, maybe weeks. You could barely tell the passage of time at that point. Your days were filled with wonderful passion and Atan showing you exactly what he could do with that tongue of his.

With all the sex you had had over the past god knows how long, it was a miracle you weren't pregnant yet.

And then it all went to hell.

Atan was out getting quick meals at the nearby gas station. You were laying in bed, waiting for him to come back. You didn't know where you were, how long you had been there, or when you were leaving. And frankly, you didn't care. You had the man you loved and that's all that mattered.

Out of boredom, you turned on the television. You wanted to see if the news of the murders had died down yet.

No. It hadn't.

"Authorities are still searching for Atan Starward under suspicion of murder and kidnapping. However, a survivor of the incident that took place in the little town Westfall has another story," said the news woman.

Your heart stopped.

Survivor?

No. They couldn't have survived. Ephraim and Maggie had to be dead. They had to be. There was no way they had lived. They couldn't have. They-

A picture of your older sister flashed on the screen.

"18 year old Margaret LN survived the horrible incidents that took place on the LN farm, and is now telling her survival story to police and reporters. Even more shocking, this brave young lady is revealing much more of the hell that the LN children endured under the abuse of their parents. According to Ms. LN, her dead baby sister actually broke under the pressure of the abuse from their parents and began helping Starward murder family members. How could this be possible? More at 9 tonight."

You anxiously turned off the television, running over chances in your head. While doing so, you gently traced over the wound in your arm with your finger, repeatedly writing the name Atan in your skin over and over and over again.

Atan had bought two sandwiches and a few packs of ramen for that nights dinner and meals for another few days or so. As he passed by a digital device store, he froze. The televisions facing out the window were showing a big, bright picture of his face, right beside yours.

Realization hit him like a brick wall, and the young killer began sprinting for the motel where you were hidden.

The door burst open. Atan stood there, a plastic 711 bag in his hands and a scared expression on his face.

Yes, the killer was scared. Why? Because he knew there was a chance he was going to loose you....

"We have to leave," he nearly shouted. "Now." You didn't say anything, just obeyed and packed.

The room was rented for two weeks, and you had eight days left. You ran to the truck and stashed everything in. Before you could start up the truck and leave, you looked around anxiously.

As you did so, you accidentally made eye contact with an older woman. You could see the television reflected in her big spectacles. Her wrinkled jaw dropped and she wobbled over to the phone to call the police.

Clearly, Atan saw this too. Because he grabbed your arm and threw you into the truck, starting it and driving off as quickly as possible.

****
Don't worry. One chapter left. Sorry for the wait.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a nice day!