Chapter 2

If  Priya was over there then who was this girl in his arms? he thought  pulling her into the light and looking down at Arohi with a furious expression on his face.  Arjun continued to stare at her.  His eyes ice cold.  Arjun listened to Priya's disappearing foot steps.  "Who the hell are you?" he asked pushing Arohi away.  Arohi stared at him for a second and then collecting herself she said "I'm Arohi Ahluwalia." and held out her hand.  Arjun looked at her and then at her outstretched hand.  "I think we're past the hand shake wouldn't you say?" he asked, his eye brows raised..  Arohi nodded slowly.  "Since your name means nothing to me, I'll ask again, WHO ARE YOU?" he said emphasizing the last three words.  Arohi frowned.  What a jerk! she thought.  "I'm a writer with Vibe Magazine and..."  He cut her off.  "You write for Vibe!"  "Sh*t!" "That's just great!"  "What were you doing skulking around out here?"  "Were you following me?" he asked suspiciously.  "And why'd you let me kiss you?"  he asked.   Arohi glared at him.  "I didn't let you kiss me."  "If you might have noticed I didn't have a choice in the matter."  "Out of no where you grabbed me and kissed me."  "Is that a regular thing for you, sneaking around in gardens and grabbing random girls."  Arohi asked.  Arjun's eyes widened and the suddenly dangerous look he got in them had Arohi taking a step back.  What the hell was she doing? she thought suddenly.  She needed an interview with him, instead she was alienating him!  "What I meant to say..."  Arohi began but he cut her off again.  "I don't care what you meant to say."  "I just want to know what it's going to cost me to keep your mouth shut!"  he said pulling out his wallet.  Arohi stared at him, her eyes wide.  "Excuse me!"  "What?" "You want money don't you?!" "Orselse I'm sure you'll have this incident plastered on the cover of your magazine."  "Is there a photographer around here too."  "You've probably got it all on camera."  Arjun said shaking his head. Arohi's mouth fell open.  "Are you crazy?!" she asked.  "What do you think I am, that I'm going to sell myself for a story?" she demanded.  "Miss. Ahluwalia I don't know you, neither am I interested in knowing you."  "But in my experience money talks, or in your case won't talk."   "So how much do you want." he asked. "You might think your god's gift to the world but I don't!"  "I don't  want your money!" she snapped.  "Then what do you want?" he asked.  " I came out here because I wanted to talk to you about interviewing you but..."  "I don't do interviews, everyone knows that so why don't you tell me your real reason for being out here is" he asked.  "Did you think you could get me into a compromising position and then splash it on the cover of your magazine?!"  he asked angrily. "For god's sake you are the most paranoid person I've met in my life."  "I want an interview for my magazine"  "But now I wouldn't interview you if you were the last celebrity on earth!  Arohi snapped.  Arjun scowled at her.  "Good, because I am the last celebrity on earth that will give you an interview."  With that he stalked away.

"Sh*t, Sh*t, Sh*t Arohi said as she paced her living room floor.  Anjali watched her from her position on the sofa.  "I can't believe I let that freak get to me so badly."  "I'm a professional, I meet pricks all the time, but I never lose my cool."  "But that Arjun Singhania, that jerk he made me so mad I couldn't help myself."  "And now I've screwed myself out of an interview and my talk show!"  "But Arohi I still don't understand why you let him kiss you?"  Anjali asked.  Arohi glared at her friend.  "Here I'm talking about the end of my career and you're stuck on that damn kiss."  "For the 10th  time I didn't know he was going to kiss me!" "And I was shocked that's the only reason I let the kiss continue."  "It was shock."  "And he's so disgusting."  "Just grabs any girl and kisses her."  This is why he doesn't want to do one on one interviews, he doesn't want any one to see what he's really like."  "He doesn't want the world to find out what a pervert he really is!" Arohi said seething with anger.  "If I didn't have my job to worry about I would have told that Arjun what he could do with his money."  "I mean what an arrogant jerk."  "I hate celebrities like him" "They think so highly of themselves, everyone else is beneath them."   "Okay calm down Arohi."  "Let's think about this."  "Why don't you ask D for Diyan to give this assignment to someone else." Anjali said.  "Because D for Diyan would happily give it to someone else, along with my talk show."  "I have a feeling she knows this assignment is impossible and wants me to fail" Arohi said running her hand through her hair.   "I can't give her or anyone else that satisfaction."  "I just need to figure out a way to get this interview." she said determinedly.  Anjali raised her eyebrows.  "After what you told me, about what happened in that garden"  "I highly doubt Arjun Singhania would even give you the time of the day, forget about an interview."  "We'll see about that" Arohi said determinedly.  "We will see about that!"