Chapter 17

"Arjun, why are you being so secretive?"  "Where are you taking me?!" Arohi asked with a laugh as she walked blindfolded with Arjun's arm wrapped securely around her waist.  ""You'll see." Was his only answer.  "Hmm."  "Was it necessary to keep my blindfolded for the whole car ride too?" she asked.  "Yup." "Now stop talking about it, you're going to ruin my surprise!" he said as he led her into an elevator.  "Fine, fine!" I'll stop asking questions." she said as she felt herself being moved against a wall and Arjun's hand come to cup the back of her neck.  Arohi nervously bit her bottom lip.  "Arjun..." she warned before his lips met hers for a soft kiss.  Arohi's hands drifted up to his shoulders and just as she deepened the kiss, Arjun pulled away leaving Arohi to pout.  She heard the elevator door open and Arjun guide her out again.  "Just a few more steps" he said as Arohi climbed a small set of stairs and then she heard a door opening and she stepped out to a warm breeze and to the  sound of soft, lingering music.  "Hmm..." Arohi thought..."Where are we?"  Slowly Arjun slipped off her blindfold and heard Arohi gasp.  "Oh my gosh!" she said dumbfounded.  Arjun smiled as he slipped his hands in his pockets looking around at the final product.  Not bad if I do say so myself.  Turned out just the way he'd imagined.  

Arohi's eyes tried to take in everything at once.  They were on a terrace and if she recognized correctly it was Arjun's building terrace. There was a garden of flowers arranged attractively all around the terrace.  A band played softly  in one corner.  Two servers stood to the side smiling at them.  Lanterns and candles were placed strategically to blanket the whole terrace in soft light, making it look magical.  A round table with two chairs, a black table cloth and linens sat in the center of the patio.  A ice bucket placed strategically to the side for the table.  From behind her, Arjun wrapped his arms around Arohi.  "What do you think?" he asked.  Arohi was still too shocked to speak.  No one had ever done something like this for her before.  Suddenly feeling a lump in her throat she felt tears prick her eyes.  Arjun turned her around and looked at her questioningly.  "What's wrong?"  "You don't like it?" he asked worriedly as he saw her eyes glistening with tears.  Arohi shook her head no and then letting out a watery giggle she quickly nodded yes.  Arjun raised his eyebrows trying to figure out what she was saying.  "I love it!" she finally said throwing her arms around his neck and hugging him  tightly.  Arjun smiled against her hair as he hugged her back.  "Good!"  "Cause I've never done something like this for a girl before so I wasn't sure what to do."  Arohi looked at him a little surprised.  "You've never planned something romantic for another girl before?"  she asked.  Arjun shook his head.  "I've never wanted to before...you." he said softly as he brought her hand up to his lips for a soft kiss.  Arohi felt her lips spreading into a huge smile.  "I love you." she said dreamily.  " I love you too, now let's go!" he said pulling her towards the table where a server was waiting, with her chair pulled out.  "Thank you." she said softly as he poured her some champagne."  Arjun raised his glass and said  "To the paparazzi for making me think out of the box to plan something romantic for my girl."  Arohi smiled.  "I'll drink to that."  she said taking a sip.  "I'll be glad when the last article is done and over with, and we can stop sneaking around." Arjun said.  "Yeah, me too." Arohi agreed softly.  "It's going to be quite the shock for everyone when they find out you're actually with someone longer then a month." Arohi said with a giggle when Arjun narrowed his eyes at her.  "I'll have you know that in grade 10 I dated a girl for almost 3 months!"  Arohi smirked "So that's the record I gotta beat." she said as she took a bite of the salad that had been placed infront of her.  Arjun frowned and grabbed her hand making her look up.  "That was my past Arohi, with you there's no such thing as days, months and years."  "There's only forever."  Arohi stared at him for a moment and then smiled.  "Arjun, I'm only joking, I know that you love me."  "I know this isn't some fling, you don't need to reassure me."  Arjun smiled. "I know, It's just a line from my latest movie, I thought I'd try it on you."  "What?!" Arohi snapped, pretending to poke him with her salad fork!  Arjun laughed and grabbed her hand.  "You're so easy to tease!"  "And I was joking...that was an Arjun Singhania original."  "And only for you." "I've never imagined forever with any other girl but you."  he said. "Me either." Arohi said with a soft sigh.  "You've never imagined a forever with any other girl either?" Arjun asked with a straight face.  "Arjun!" Arohi said in mock anger brandishing her fork again making Arjun laugh and hold up his hands in surrender.  "No Arohi, not the fork, and not my handsome face, please do with me what you like " he said "even if it's having your way with me...I'll lay back and won't complain, but don't touch this face, the face that's loved my millions of young girls everywhere."  Arohi burst out laughing, at his over acting.  Arjun's eyes filled with mischief "What's so funny?" he asked.  Arohi just shook her head.  And that's the way the rest of the dinner went, with Arjun flirting and making Arohi laugh until her stomach hurt.