Chapter 14

Arjun turned to his side and wrapped his arm around a sleeping Arohi.  Her hair tickled his nose as he pressed closer to her.  Opening his eyes slowly he looked around feeling a little disoriented.  Then his gaze settled on a fast asleep Arohi.  A soft wisp of hair laying against her face.  A slow smile made it's way to his lips as he watched her while she slept.  So beautiful and innocent.  And yet he knew how strong she was.  How she always took care of everyone around her.  That was probably the reason he ended up at her door last night.  He needed her tender loving touch to feel better.    He'd been feeling off all day yesterday.  Feeling that achy sick feeling.  He'd pushed it aside and shown up on set ready to shoot.   He had allocated dates to his producer and he didn't go back on his word.  In hindsight maybe it hadn't been the best day to do an action scene in the rain.  As the day turned into night and they started to wrap up he started to feel the chill set in.  Even a long hot shower hadn't helped.  By the time he did leave the set he was feeling horrible.  He didn't even think, he just drove straight to Arohi's.  And she made everything better. He remembered waking up at various times during the night, and she'd been there right beside him, with a compress, or something to drink or just a soothing touch.  "And you say you don't love me," he said softy as he looked down at her.  Reaching a finger out he lightly moved the loose wisp of hair away from her face.   What better way to wake up then to find Arohi asleep in his arms.  "Baby,come on give me a chance" he said softly, leaning down and kissing her forehead.  He pulled away quickly as she stirred.  

Arohi opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was Arjun gazing down at her.  His eyes soft, almost smiling.  Filled with what she now recognized as love.  She couldn't seem to look away. "Good morning" she finally said.  "Morning" he replied, smiling softly.  "How are you feeling?" she asked.  Very aware of his body pressed against hers.  "Better."  "Thanks for taking such good care of me."  Arohi hesitated and then started to sit up.  "It was nothing, I..."  "I know" he interrupted.  "You would do it for anyone?"  "Am I right?" he said with a dimpled smile.  Arohi bit her lip as she looked away from him, and got out of bed.  "Would you like some tea?" she asked pulling her hair away from her face and tying it in a haphazard knot on top of her head.  Arjun watched her, feeling the first tug of desire.  She was so sexy and she probably had no idea.  He wanted to pull her back into bed and show her just how sexy he thought she was.  Arohi stared at him.  "Arjun, tea? she repeated.  "Um, sure." he said getting out of bed.  He had stripped off his shirt sometime during the night so he looked around for it.  "Arohi picked it up from the floor.  "Here you go." she said.  There fingertips lightly touching as she passed it to him.  He looked up at her, but she quickly avoided his gaze.  He knew she'd felt something.  Just a slight touch and there was electricity what would happen if they actually gave in to their desire for each other.  They'd probably go up in flames...but it would be worth it.  Arohi watched as a big smile spread across Arjun's face.  She looked at him suspiciously.  He looked like the cat that swallowed the canary.  "I'll leave a towel for you in the bathroom!" she said abruptly.  Arjun nodded as he watched her walk out of the room.  Her hips swinging seductively.  Arjun get your mind out of the gutter.  There is nothing happening here.  And the second Arohi figures out where your mind is, she'll be showing you the door.  He definitely didn't want that.  This was his chance to spend some time with her, he didn't want anything to ruin that.  

Arohi had freshened up and was now in her kitchen. As she leaned against the counter she thought about the fact that Arjun was in her house, after he'd just spent the night...in her bed...with her...and they hadn't done anything.  Yesterday when she had woken up this was the last thing she'd imagined happening.  Glancing up she saw Arjun walk out of the bathroom.  He looked fresh, and the color had returned to his face.  But he didn't look 100% yet.  "Are you going to go see a doctor today?" she asked as she poured his tea.  "No, I'm better" he replied.  "I've got a shoot today so I won't have time anyways."  Arohi frowned.  "You're going to shoot today?"  "Ofcourse, I'm better" he replied watching as she pulled out eggs and bread.  "Are you making me breakfast?" he asked with hopeful eyes.  Arohi couldn't help but laugh.  "I guess I should feed you."  "I don't want you passing out on me."  Arjun smiled happily.  "Admit it, you just like to take care of me!"  "It's what you do."  "You can't see anyone hurt or sick or upset."  "You want to make everything better."  "It's part of your make up" "You can't help it" he said taking a sip of his tea.  "I like to be taken care of too!" she said folding her arms across her chest and frowning.  "What women doesn't like to be taken care of?"   Arjun slowly put down his cup and walked to stand infront of her.  Titling her face up to his, he said softly "Arohi, I would give anything to take care of you."  With that he lightly pressed his lips against hers.  Arohi's hands snuck up to his shoulders as he gave her a sweet, soft kiss.   Pulling away he gave her a loving smile.  "Give in Arohi, I promise you won't regret it."  Arohi stared up at him.  In a perfect love story now would have been the perfect time to tell him she'd fallen back in love with him, actually she'd never really fallen out of love with him.  But her anger had been to fierce, it had over shadowed that love.  And then she would watch as he laughed and grabbed her, kissing her and telling her how much he loved her.  Now that would be the perfect love story, in a perfect world.