CHAPTER 14

High heels click-clacked against the floor as Claire left the bathroom, hoping to end this night in one piece

High heels click-clacked against the floor as Claire left the bathroom, hoping to end this night in one piece. However,  things didn't go according to plan; Ryan was waiting for her right outside the hallway. 

“You gotta be kidding me,” Claire blurted.

"We should talk. Come with me." Ryan held her arm, hauling her away in a rush. 

"No!" Claire snapped.  "You're crazy if you think I'll go with you!"  

"For you? The fuck I am," Ryan retorted. "Don't make a scene, Claire. Please." He was leading her toward the elevator.

"You're the one who's looking for a scene, Ryan! And trust me, I can give you a big one!"

Ryan smirked. "By all means. Be my guest." 

"Fuck you. Let me go!" Irritated, Claire tried to pull herself out, but his grip tightened around her wrist and a pompous smile grew profusely on his face. "Ryan!" She glowered at him, but deep down she knew it was a futile protest. 

Half of her wanted to be wherever Ryan wanted her to be with him. But the rest of her… Well, she knew it was an inappropriate thing to do. 

A group of people exited the elevator,  and Ryan dragged Claire with him right away. 

Once they were inside, enclosed and alone, Claire edged away from him. "You are such a brute! A psycho! You give me chills being here with you, Ryan Stevens!" she spat.

"Do I, now?" A stunned eyebrow shot up on Ryan's face as he punched the destination floor. Turning around, a faint smile lingering on his features, he casually said, "I bet I do, but is it a bad chill you’re getting, Claire?" 

"Yes! Psychopath kind of chills!” Claire barked.

“Psychopath?” Ryan strode toward her, slowly with menace. 

“Michael Myers!" Claire remarked, and the closer he walked toward her, the deeper she sunk into the dark depth of desire coursing through her from the day she dared to kiss this devil up to this moment.

Claire took a step back the closer Ryan followed her, and when her butt stuck on the wall, he stopped moving and huge laughter ricocheted through the golden facade of the elevator walls. She glanced away, panting. 

"Okay… My apology for acting like a serial, psychotic killer," she heard Ryan saying, his voice serious and calm, yet mocking and sexy.

"Oh please!" Claire rolled her eyes and looked back at him. "And what do you want now, huh? Tired of playing the perfect boyfriend" — she drew her glittered black heels toward him — "and in need of a new toy?" She stopped right in front of him, staring straight into his blazing eyes. "Ryan, I don't know what you want from me but I got to be back there. Seriously,  my friend is waiting, and…"

And she knew she couldn't resist him if she dared to follow her whim right now. 

"But I think your friend is in better hands as we are speaking," Ryan replied matter-of-factly, eyes slanted.  "I doubt she's even thinking of you at the moment, and I certainly don't need a new toy, Claire."