CHAPTER 21

"Sleep here tonight," Ryan croaked

Claire glanced up at him. "Sleep here?" Her eyes awoke with warm curiosity.

"Yeah." Smiling, Ryan kissed her hair. "It's getting late and it's still raining."

But he could still drive her home, couldn't he? Claire blushed.

"Is that the only reason you want me to sleep here?" she asked, resuming her comfort in his arms as they lay naked under the sheets.

How she loved feeling his body so near hers, and his naughty hands toying with her hair smoothly, if not her skin as though she was a full-furred pet.

"Not really. I do have an ulterior motive and it's simply because I don't want you away tonight." Ryan answered her brazenly. "You can go to work from here, can't you?"

Very convincing, Claire thought. It was a tempting offer, and being here in his apartment, on his bed, and in his arms, felt serendipitous.

It was as if everything was going to be fine.

"I don't have clothes for tomorrow," she said softly. Her index finger was childishly trailing the contours of his sculpted chest, from the pecks to the abs, loving every detail. "How will I go to work?" She pursed her lips at him.

"I can care of that," Ryan uttered, his voice serious.

Claire scowled. "Really now? How? Will you lend me your girlfriend's clothes? Wait, does she have her clothes here? Do you fuck her in this very same bed?"

"God. You're so stubborn," Ryan remarked with a big smile. "Alright"—he propped on his elbows, sitting up—"I bought you some clothes. Over there. He pointed at the shopping bags lying on the floor right near the couch.

"Seriously?" Claire's eyes widened, gleaming placidly. Ryan nodded. "When did you get them?" She lurched out of bed and quested for Ryan's polo shirt lying on the rug.

"Soon after the office," he answered coolly, crossing his hands behind his head.

"Oh, wow!" Claire was in awe. Partially dressed, she tiptoed towards the bags and sat on the couch. "Let's see," she muttered, and Ryan's face was filled with mirth at her excitement.

She opened the first bag and revealed a blouse that was almost identical to the torn one. She creased an eyebrow, gazing at Ryan. He only shrugged. Laughing, she proceeded with the second bag and two pairs of expensive, sexy underwear lay inside.

"Really?" She lifted a white cotton lace thong, chuckling. It was tiny and hollow, utterly sexy and provoking. "This is so you." She grinned at him.

"Well, I figured you'd look great in it," Ryan replied, his voice teasing.

Claire flushed. "Did you shop yourself?" She reached for the last bag, which was a black bodycon dress, short and elegant. "Wow, Ryan! This is gorgeous! How did you guess my size?" She stood up quickly to get a proper look.