CHAPTER 17

"Yes, I would advise you to go on," Claire said calmly

"Yes, I would advise you to go on," Claire said calmly. Her remark raised a few murmurs, and an indifferent look from Ryan. He waited for more. "But, I'd love to add a few notes based on your concerns."

Exactly what Ryan Stevens craved to hear.

"Go ahead," he affirmed.

Claire took a deep breath, wearing a professional look. "I'm sure what you've envisioned is something luxurious but capable of fitting everyone's taste, am I correct?" she asked while taking the remote from Nathan to rewind the slides.

"Could be." Ryan shrugged and squared his shoulder to sit more attentively.

Claire pressed the button and the slides moved, quickly at first, then slowly, until she paused and faced her audience.

"Just because it's freaky expensive, doesn't mean everyone with money will buy it unless it fits their taste. That's what I believe in this whole concept of luxury," she went on, putting her shopping experience into use. "In the end, fashion and style are two different things." Her sole focus was on Ryan, even though she couldn't stay in one place as she explained, "While fashion is all about trends, style is more subjective and people don't buy homes based on fashion but style."

Ryan looked immersed, eyes gleaming and tentative. He liked this new direction.

"A young businessman may want to live in a posh penthouse, but a retired politician may probably fancy a classic mansion somewhere remote or perched by the Sea. That doesn't mean one lacks taste and another has plenty—it's only a matter of preference." Claire continued with a short but meaningful speech, a confident smile adorning her radiant face. "So then, we shouldn't focus on trends or anything of the sort, but rather on taste."

"What?" Doris muttered, glaring crossly at Claire.

Claire didn't fret, especially with Ryan's nod supporting her statement.

"Some rich people like classic houses, some modern, some prefer color splash, some prefer light or plain. So, why don't we incorporate them all and have a variety?" Claire asked her.

"How so?" Doris demanded.

"Like a five-star hotel with different types of suites! Isn't it possible to make homes feel like a slice of heaven for everyone?" Claire smiled, adrenaline kicking in her system like a damn drug.

This was her element. In her head, she could see different colors and arrangements and all the furnishing coming to life.

"And?" Ryan urged, his narrowed brown eyes blazing from the intense shade of professionalism to a burning sexy inferno.

Hold your goddamn self, Claire! She pulled in a breath.

"We can redo the designs based on what the buyers may want, and not from how expensive we want them to look," Claire replied articulately.