CHAPTER 19

Claire laid her head on Ryan's chest, and his arms basked her whole body against his

Claire laid her head on Ryan's chest, and his arms basked her whole body against his. A huge flat screen was rambling on something none of the two paid attention to. it was slightly raining outside, but for the first time, this couldn't distract Claire and her hidden phobia.

It felt peaceful. Claire couldn't deny this feeling of such a rarity in her heart, even though none of it made sense with all honesty. But it was just a moment; she chose to accept and live it to the fullest while ignoring the voice of reason whispering in her ear so bluntly.

"I don't have anything to wear," Claire lamented. "Did you have to tear my blouse, seriously?"

Ryan was smoothly toying with her hair, tangling and detangling the strands as he replied, "I was in a hurry to undress you."

Claire sighed with a smile. "I swear to God you're crazy, Ryan. I mean it. Literary."

"You've said that over a million times already." Ryan's hands slid down to her waist, playfully reaching for the hem of his shirt—the only thing Claire was wearing right now. "And yes, I am crazy. For you." He squeezed her tender ass with both hands, knowing fully well that she had no pantie inside.

She giggled lightly and gazed up at him. "What are you doing, you psycho?"

"Exactly what you love me doing, among other things." Ryan's face was relaxed, and his smile was so pure and genuine when he looked at her. "I love holding you in my arms," he muttered, his voice gentle.

"I bet you do. Well, I need to use the bathroom—where is it?" Claire asked.

She peeled herself from him, her emotions captive to this foreign desire and need for something she couldn't understand.

No, she wasn't falling for him. She shouldn't. As much as she felt at home being with him, she knew he wasn't her home.

"Follow that door and turn to your right," Ryan instructed while sitting up. "Or would you rather use the one in my bedroom?" he teased.

Not a bad idea. Claire smiled.

"I'm not sure if I'm in the mood to be picky when my bladder is on the verge of bursting, Ryan, but thanks," she said in a frenzy as she tiptoed away. "And while I'm gone you better worry about my blouse, you jerk." She was rolling up the oversized sleeves of Ryan's shirt as she moved.

"I think my shirt looks better on you. And those bare long legs are so sexy that I'd love to see them every day around here." Ryan rose, his grin ever-playful.

"You wish!" Scoffing, Claire disappeared to another side of the house.

Ryan was in the kitchen when she returned, and her mouth hung open upon the sight of him pouring water into a pan, and then touching a button to light up the gas stove.

"What are you doing, Ryan? Are you trying to cook?" Claire laughed at the thought.

He wasn't, was he?