Chapter 13

Cinderella and her Pokémon left the Colosseum. On their way out, several of her fans were gathered at the door to see her off. They gave her more presents and words of congratulations. Rex and Mikey flattered their many female Pokémon fans, while Ariel and Bella did the same for their male Pokémon fans.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming today to watch me." said Cinderella, "I appreciate all the support you've given me. I hope to see you all again soon."

Rose smiled. "Vee! Vee!"

The fans cheered again. Valiant stepped forward.

"Alright, everyone," Valiant called out, "That's enough. Let us through, please."

As they walked out the door, Rose caught sight of a Jolteon, a Vaporeon, an Espeon, and a Glaceon. They were standing next to a finely dressed nobleman who was standing next to a carriage that was having a broken wheel fixed. The male Jolteon wore an Order of the Aurum riband, while the others, females, wore lovely jeweled collars.

All four Eevee evolutions caught sight of Rose. The Jolteon looked very surprised. For a moment, Rose felt a strange feeling. It was as if there was something familiar about them. But she didn't know why.

"My Lady. Let's go."

Valiant's voice caused Rose to remember they were in a hurry.

"Oh, sorry, my Lord." she said, "I was, uh, distracted."

"Come on, Rose!" Cinderella called, "We have to go home!"

Rose took one last look at the Eevee evolutions, then ran to catch up with the others.

***********************************************************************

Duke Edward Jolteon was standing outside the Colosseum as his master and trainer, the Duke of Ethersome. He and his master had been watching the Pokémon league championships, along with his sister, Duchess Pearl Vaporeon, and his sisters-in-law, Duchesses Lilac Espeon and Crystal Glaceon. They were big fans of the Masked Maiden. They had been watching the battle earlier that day and were impressed with her Eevee's feat.

They often wondered who this beautiful lady was and where she came from. From her grace and etiquette, they guessed she was either the daughter of a noble family or the princess of a neighboring kingdom. They even heard a rumor that she was the daughter of the Archduke.

However, they were nowhere near going home. One of the carriage's wheels broke after hitting a pothole. Now their footmen and several strong Pokémon were working to get the wheel fixed. It was fortunate that it was a nice sunny day. As their master talked with their coachman about the repairs, Duke Edward and his family passed the time with some small talk.

Duchess Pearl was in the middle of a conversion.

"So I said to him, 'What's wrong with the berry pie?', and he said to me-"

"Ruby?!"

Duchesses Pearl, Lilac, and Crystal looked at Duke Edward. He was staring as if he had seen a ghost. They looked and saw that he was looking at an Eevee. It was the Masked Maiden's Eevee and she was leaving with her trainer and her Pokémon. The Eevee looked just like his mate before she evolved into a Flareon. Not only that, she walked like her and danced like her. She looked back at them curiously. It was then that Duke Edward saw the pendant the Eevee was wearing. It looked like his mate's pendant that she always wore on her collar.

"That Eevee..." said Duke Edward, "And that pendant...Could it be...?"

He was about to call out to the Eevee when...