Chapter 27

Time went by fast. Autumn soon ended, winter came and went, and now it was spring. The kingdom came back to life. Leaves and flowers were growing back, new crops were being sowed in the fields, and new Pokémon were being born.

Ella's Pokémon forest friends had changed, too. Pip had evolved into a Ratacate, Mimi into an Azumarill, Patch into a Lopunny, Flo into a Ninetales, Duckett into Swanna, Fletchinder into Talonflame, Vibrava into Flygon, the Electrike into Manectric, and two of the Roselia into Rosarade. Sadly, the Vivillon had died before the cold winter, but their children went on to hatch in the spring. Now they had ten new Vivillon friends. Berry and Blair had also evolved into a Meowstic and Delphox respectably.

Sabrina was now living at the palace with Ella as her lady-in-waiting. Berry was Rose's lady-in-waiting as well. Sabrina even had new Pokémon—a male Meowstic named Mint. He and Berry hit it off right away and now they were in love. Patricia had been so touched by Ella's loving nature, that she vowed to be more like her stepsister in ways that mattered. These days, she was kind and compassionate. She and her Pokémon even started helping out with the Watson family's charity for the poor by teaching children how to read and write.

Eric and Patricia were now living in the Livingston family's chateau which had been restored to its former glory. Their wedding was coming up soon. Eric rehired the staff the stepmother had fired, recovered and restored all the paintings and decorations she sold and caught up on all the repairs in and around the house. Lester still lived there as a true member of the family again. Jamie had a new Rapidash partner—Scarlet—to pull the family carriage, and the Unfezant still lived at the barn.

As for Ella's old stepmother, she was sent to work in the royal kitchens as a scullery maid, washing dishes and cleaning the ashes from the ovens and fireplace. She had to wear the same worn-out rags she forced Ella to wear before and was yelled at and pushed around. She cried, screamed, and complained loudly, but no one took notice. And it didn't help that Mikey and Rex started to make fun of her klutziness and complaints.

Today was Ella and Philip's and Rose and Alex's wedding day. Every person and Pokémon in the kingdom had been invited to celebrate. Among the guests were Lester, the Duke of Ethersome and Rose's Pokémon family, Katelyn's and Bianca's families, the Watsons, and Ella's forest friends. The stepmother tried to get in out of spite, but the Royal Guard and the Pokéguard wouldn't let her.

Valiant and Sabrina were the Best Pokémon and Maid of Honor. Eric and Patricia attended as a groomsman and bridesmaid along with all theirs, Sabrina's, Ella's, and Philip's Pokémon. Even Jirachi was there as the officiant.

The ceremony had been beautiful. Philip wore his royal Umbreon uniform with his riband while Alex wore his riband. Ella wore her mother's wedding dress and Rose wore her mother's pendant. The two brides also wore tiaras and large lace veils made and carried by the new Vivillon. Both their fathers walked the two brides down the aisle as the Rosalia and Rosarade lead them in as the flower Pokémon. Her stepsisters, friends, and Pokémon all smiled and cried throughout the ceremony.

Finally, Jirachi said, "And so, by the power vested in me, I announce you husband and wife, Pokémon and mate."

She giggled. "You may now kiss your brides."

With the biggest smile, Philip lifted Ella's veil and gave her a deep, passionate kiss. Alex also lifted Rose's veil with Psychic and they kissed. The wedding guests all applauded with a cheer. Rose could now control her Draining Kiss move better.

Their kisses ended and the two couples looked at their families. The Archduke, Valiant, and Duke Grovyle smiled proudly. Ariel, Mikey, Rex, and Bella all waved and smiled, with Rex chuckling. The King was smiling with his Furfrou, while the Queen and Delcatty cried tears of joy. Drake, Keven, Henry, and Clair all smiled. Ella's friends and stepsisters all cried happily.