twenty

Michelle Jones is twenty seven weeks

•••

"Well Peter, I've got good news," Bruce told the teen. Peter's eyes filled with excitement and hope, "What?"

"You can finally get out of this room," Bruce gave him a smile. "Finally. Does that mean my spine is healed?" "Yes. Though, I do have some bad news," Bruce looked at the teen with a playful smile.

"You're scaring me doc," Peter joked, recognizing the playful tone Bruce used. "I'm afraid to say, you'll have to use a regular wheelchair for now. That is until you create the coolest one," Bruce said while walking over to Peter's IV's and beginning to disconnect them.

"Dang. Guess I'll have to get right on that," Peter chuckled. Bruce's was finishing taking his IV out when Natasha walked through the door with a wheelchair.

"Delivery," she said, bringing it to his bedside. "Thanks мама паук," He smiled at the redhead. "No problem ребенок паук."

"You and Tony help him into the wheelchair. I got to go update his chart, I forgot it in the other room," Bruce said making his way to the door and stepping out.

"You ready Underoos?" Tony asked, getting out of his chair. "More than ready. Now get me out this damn bed," Peter raised both his arms up halfway. Tony laughed, "Okay, first of all, watch your mouth, and second, let's do this."

"Mj hold this chair steady," Natasha told her. Mj nodded her head and held on to the two handles.

"On three," Natasha said, "One. Two. Three." Tony grunted and the two lifted the teenager, moving him to his wheelchair.

"I'll give that ride a six out of ten. Could've been smooth, but we got to our destination without injury," Peter joked causing everyone to burst out into laughter. "No offense taken," Tony teased.

"I miss walking," Peter said, his face falling a little. "I bet you do. Your life will never be the same again. It sucks, but you'll be okay," Tony tried to reassure him.

"Where's mom been?" Peter asked as Tony pushed him out the room, Mj holding the door. "She's been in LA. She knows everything that's happened, but couldn't leave. She tried though." "Oh."

The four made their way into the elevator and headed up to the penthouse.

When they entered, Bucky, Steve, Wanda, Sam, and Clint we're sitting around the living room watching some random show. They all turned around at the ding of the elevator.

"Peter!" Wanda said, standing up and walking over to them. "Hey Wanda," Peter smiled, hugging her once she leaned down. "Well look who's back," Clint said from his position on the couch.

Peter smiled at his family. He looked back at Tony, "I'm hungry." "Of course you are," Tony looked at him, "Considering it's almost supper time, how does pizza sound?" "That sounds amazing."

"I'm going to go ch-," Peter said before realizing, he didn't know how he would change his pants. "Wait. How am I supposed to change my pants?" Peter asked, his face showing a pure confused expression.

Tony looked back at Mj, "Would you like to assist your boyfriend with his dilemma?" "Sure," she said walking behind his wheelchair and beginning to push him to his room.

"Clint and Steve brought all our things back," Mj said making it to their door. "Friday, open the door," Peter said, the door automatically opened.

"Just grab some sweat and I'll get a t-shirt," Peter, rolling himself to his closet doors. When he opened the door, he saw the glowing from the corner. His newest suit.

Him and Tony created it a few months ago. It was made of vibranium. Even cooler though, it was nanotechnology, and had new spider legs.

"I saw it the other night when I couldn't sleep and started plundering," Mj walked up behind him, black sweats in hand. "I never got to wear it," Peter looked down at the suit. "I was saving it for a special occasion." "What would you classify as a special occasion?" Mj asked. "Anything but patrol. All I do, did, was patrol, but dad helped me make a better, safer suit for any big threat or missions."

"It seems like a cool suit," she told him. "Trust me, it is. We added so much to it," Peter's mouth twitched into a small smile.

He looked away from the suit and at his shirts. He grabbed a random blue t-shirt.

He slipped off his shirt and easily put on the clean one. He reached down at his feet and pulled his feet out his current sweats' holes. He continued pulling them off.

"I guess I just put my feet in the just try and pull them up?" Peter half questioned, taking the pants from Mj. "I guess."

He did as he said and pulled his pants on. It took a few extra seconds, but he accomplished it. "I did it," he said, making a 'victory dance.'

Mj laughed, "Alright, there's go back out there."

•••

this was longer than i expected it to be.

i start school monday. i already had a break down last night. probably will have another tonight. so my updates will get further apart starting now. i need to emotionally prepare.

-Nat