thirty five

Benjamin and Mary are two weeks old

•••

"Do you really have to stick a needle in them?" Peter asked, clearly nervous. Bruce shook his head, "If you want to know if they have the spider gene, then yes. I need to get some of their blood, which would be by needle."

Peter took a deep breathe, "O-okay. Let me tell Michelle." He wheeled himself out of Bruce's lab and took the elevator to the living room.

When he rolled out he saw Natasha was holding Ben, Clint and Sam were playing Mario Carts, Michelle had Mary, and Wanda was taking pictures of both babies.

"Hey M, can you come talk?" Peter asked when he rolled beside the couch. "Yeah. Wanda, wanna hold her?" Michelle asked, getting up. "Of course," Wanda said, taking the baby girl from her arms.

"What's up?" Michelle asked, once they were out of hearing range. "Too find out if they have the spider gene, we have to do blood test," Peter told her. "Okay, and?" Michelle asked.

Peter sighed, "We have to stick needles in our babies." Michelle frowned. "That's usually how blood tests work Pete. If we really want to know, we have to do it. It doesn't matter how much it pains us to watch," she told him.

Peter leaned his head back and closed his eyes, "I don't wanna see them hurt." "Me either, but we have to know."

The two sat in silence for a few more seconds. "When do you want to do it?" Peter asked, "Bruce said he can do it whenever."

Michelle thought for a moment, "Let's do it now. Get it over with." Peter nodded his head, "Then let's go get them."

When they entered the living room, Clint was now holding Mary, Wanda and Sam had left, and Tony was trying to get Natasha to let him hold Ben, but she wouldn't give him away.

"When's you leave the lab?" Peter asked his dad. "About five minutes ago. I wanted to see my grandchildren, but someone won't let me," he said, glaring at Natasha. She simply just gave him a death glare in return.

"Well, sorry to break it to you, but we need our kids," Michelle said, walking up to Mary in Clint's arms. Clint pouted, but willingly let her have her daughter.

"It's not bedtime though," Tony whined, "It's family time." "No, it's test to see if your grandchildren are actually grandspiders time," Peter told him, easily getting Ben from Natasha.

"What do you mean grandspiders?" Clint asked. "Ben and Mary could have gotten my mutation," Peter explained. Clint made an 'oh' face, and looked back at the tv.

"We'll be in Bruce's lab if you would like to join," Peter said, him and Michelle heading towards the elevator. "I'm coming," they heard Tony say.

•••

trust me, i would write more if it wasn't three am. i didn't want to leave it here, but i need sleep. i can't stay up till five am again.

i deleted a lot of the random chapters and just kept the one-shots after the bonus features page. oh, and i redid the blues features page.

-Nat