twenty three

Michelle Jones is twenty nine weeks

•••

Another two weeks have passed since the accident. Life around the top floors of the tower have been quiet and focused on a certain teen.

•••

"Hand me that paper," Peter pointed to a paper full of equations on Tony's lab table. "Okay," Tony mumbled, finishing typing notes he needed to remember to add to his suit. He stopped working a second later, and got up to retrieve the paper.

"Here, Underoos," he said, handing him the paper. "What'cha working on?" Tony asked looking at the boy's hologram blueprints.

"Legs," Peter told him, retyping some of the equations from the paper to the hologram. "What do you mean by legs?" Tony asked, curiosity taking over him.

Peter started to move around the blueprints, "These are basically braces for my legs. I'll put them on then connect a few things, and boom, no more wheelchair," he put his hands on the armrests of his modified wheelchair he had made five days ago. It could drive itself through Karen, who he had connected to it, and shoot webs from the armrest. He added the webs for nostalgia.

Tony continued to stare at the blueprints, "This is amazing kiddo. I knew you'd find a way around all this," he smiled and put his hand on Peter's shoulder, pride radiating off him.

Peter looked up at Tony, "Do you want to help me finish them? There's a few things I could use an extra hand with, considering I have limited mobility right now." Tony smiled even wider, "Of course I would."

So for the rest of the afternoon the two continued to work on the blueprints. They wanted the braces to work perfectly, and try to give Peter back a part of his humanity.

They continued working for hours, though it only felt like one to them. They only recognized the time when Friday spoke up, "Boss, Ms. Potts wants you to know it's seven o'clock, and dinner is ready."

Tony leaned against the table, "Okay, tell her we'll be up in a minute." When he finished he looked over at Peter.

The kid had been through hell and back a few weeks ago. He's spent days locked up in a medical room, and found out his legs didn't work anymore, but he still manages to smile and make the best of the situation.

He hasn't let the accident and it's results ruin his personality. He's still the same Peter as before, just a little more afraid of vehicles now. He had admitted that a few nights ago at dinner.

"I'll be dead before you see me step foot in a car for a while."

"Hey Dad," Peter brought Tony out of his thoughts, "We gotta go eat now," he started to wheel his way to the lab door. "I'm coming," Tony speed walked to catch up with Peter, who had just wheeled out the door, thanks to Friday for opening it for him.

"I'm proud of you Pete," Tony said as he made it to him. "Why?" Peter asked, his eyebrows showing he was confused.

Tony chuckled, "You're still you after everything." Peter had a small smile on his face.

"I have my bad days," he fiddled with the bottom hem of his shirt, "but I try to keep a positive mind set. It's hard though." "You're gonna have many bad days Pete," Tony rubbed both his shoulders.

"I know. I'll wake up and try to stand up, but remember and it can ruin my whole day," he paused for a second, "And then I think about the future. I won't be able to do most things dads can do with their kids. I can't pick them up and walk them around, or chase them around the park."

Peter's smile had faded by now. "I feel like I'm going to miss out on something's," a single tear fell down his cheek.

Tony had a sad look on his face. He knew how much Peter's kids already mean to him. He's talked with Tony on how to be a dad, while they've been in the lab some days.

When he talked about them, he has a huge smile. His eyes are already filled with pride, even though they haven't accomplished anything yet, not even their first breathes.

"You'll still do amazing," Tony reassured, beginning to push his son slowly towards the kitchen.

"I hope so."

•••

i didn't expect it to be this long again.

i got the irondad and spiderson chapter i've wanted to do!!!! i didn't want this book to just be spiderchelle, i also wanted and element of irondad, because irondad keeps me not sad.

also, i'm eight days no pulling!!!!!!!!! my tactic of keeping a calendar and recording the days i do and don't pull is really helping me. my eyelashes have already started to grow so much!!! if you don't know what i'm talking about go read my bonus feature chapter called trichotillamania.

-Nat