thirty eight

Benjamin and Mary are nine weeks old

•••

Today, Peter didn't want to get out of bed. The weight of his past was heavy on his shoulders, and he couldn't get the memories out of his head.

Michelle was already out their room, getting her day started, but Peter just couldn't find it in him. The memories would not stop playing in his head.

He remembered finding out his parents wouldn't come home. He remembered watching helplessly as Ben bled out in his arms. He remembered May falling, a bullet in her head after the shot missed him. He remembered the night of the accident. The night that took his legs and his other half away.

"Damn Parker Luck," he mumbled to himself, clinching the bed sheets. He may have changed his name, but Parker Luck is a bitch.

Today, Peter did not feel like himself. He felt like a helpless failure.

He stayed laying in his bed, haunted by the memories. He tried to replace them for happier ones. The day he saved his first person, the time he finally asked Michelle out, when Tony and Pepper adopted him, the day Benjamin and Mary were born.

Benjamin and Mary, Peter thought about again.

Peter wanted to remember Ben, and how he helped raised Peter. He did that by naming his own son after him.

Peter named his daughter Mary May to remember both his own mother and aunt. Mary, the name of his mom. The women who brought Peter into this world, but was taken out so soon. May, his aunt, the women that watched Peter grow up, and become the man he is today.

Thinking about May, Mary, and Ben broke him. He put his face into his pillow and cried. He's lost too many people. He could have lost his own life a few months back.

Peter layer there and cried. He cried for the family he has lost. He cried for what he's physically lost.

This made him realize how valuable time is. His, or anybody's life, could be taken at any second.

He wiped the dry and wet tears away, and pressed the button for his braces. He pushed himself off the bed, and walked to his wheelchair. He sat down, and rolled to the living room.

Surprisingly, everyone was in the living room, even Tony. Natasha, being the first one to sense his presence, noticed his puffy red eyes.

"Peter, what's wrong?" She asked, worried. Everyone now noticed the boy, and gave him his attention, waiting for his response.

Peter broke down crying again. "I- I love all o- of yo- you. I-I'm s-s-so than- thankful for a-all of you."

•••

i wanted to write a side of peter i haven't really gotten into. he's been through hell and back four times. he's definitely messed up and grows through down days.

the next chapter will be soooooo cute. get ready.

-Nat