10. Get Over Him

>> BEAM <<

"Have you heard? Ai'Forth got himself a girlfriend."

"Really? Damn... the competition was just a week ago. He's fast."

"Everyone's talking about it. They were seen at the club again last night. They were pretty cozy too."

"Who's the girl anyway? Does she go here?"

"Nope. They said she goes to a well-known Catholic school at the southern side of the city. Also, I heard from last night's gossip that the girl is very pretty. Like model-pretty."

"Wow, really? I wonder if Ai'Forth really lost the pageant. He seems to be winning at life right now."

The conversation was then followed by roars of giggles and laughter from the group of girls seated close to where I was seated, waiting for my food.

Even at the cafeteria, huh?

I barely resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I heard what they were gossiping about, the subject of their interest.

Of course, it had to be him, of all people.

I've tried so hard, for the past week, to stray away from anything that had to do with the 1st Runner Up Moon but it seems like his ghost was haunting me. Lately, his name is all I hear, on repeat like a broken record. He had been the topic of numerous conversations I had the misfortune of overhearing. Forth is all everyone talks about these days. May it be because some were disappointed with the results of the competition and had expected Forth to win like I did or because his personal life had become such a hot topic in the university.

Let the guy rest. Forth has probably stumbled on his feet several times already.

I sighed as the thought came to mind. But for certain reasons, the girls' gossip about him wouldn't stop.

A few moments later, seeing as though the Auntie from my favorite food stall had already finished preparing my meal, I then grabbed my wallet to pay for the food that I ordered. I flashed a timid smile when she gave me my change and thanked her. I have to hurry on back to my dorm. I was so hungry since I hadn't eaten at all today. And I wanted to get away from those girls who still hadn't given up on talking about him.

My feet were heavy as I dragged them back to my dorm room and sluggishly prepared my dinner. I barely had the energy since I hardly ate anything since last night. I also hadn't been able to attend my classes earlier; all I've been doing was either to play mobile games or to sleep all throughout the day. I don't know ... I just wasn't feeling too good. And it was a Friday anyway, we only had two classes.

Lucky me.

I had just finished my food when I heard a couple of loud knocks coming from my door.

I didn't want to answer it at first, my legs wouldn't let me. But a few seconds later, the door to my room burst open and in came my two best friends.

And they both looked equally unhappy. Shit, I forgot. I gave my room's spare key to Kit in case of emergencies.

"So, are you going to tell us what's wrong with you or not?" Pha immediately asked, his arms crossed across his chest, trying to look intimidating as he stared down on me from where I sat on the floor.