Daniel|Thunderstorm

Daniel's POV
I toss and turn in bed, trying to find a comfortable position. All of the sudden I hear the door slam shut followed by the angry voices of my parents. I carefully sit up and remove the plush comforter from my body. As I move off the bed I hear the sound of glass shattering, followed by more yelling. I can hear a storm going on outside while I slowly maneuver through the maze that is my bedroom floor. As I reach the door a crack of thunder echos through my ears, but I ignore it, since I'm to concentrated on my parents screaming. I delicately open the creaking door to my bedroom just enough for me to slip through. I follow the noise through the hall and toward the living room.
"I can't do this anymore!" I hear a deep voice yell as I peak my head around the corner.
"Can't do what? Take care of your family? Love your son?" I watch my mom cry out as she walks towards my dad.
"I'm sorry I just can't do it. You know that I never wanted this life for you or I." My dad says so quietly that I almost don't hear him.
"Well you can't just leave me with OUR 6 year old son! He needs a father..." I hear my mom beg as she's trying to grab his hand, but he quickly pulls away from her grip.
"I'm sorry."
I watch as my dad picks up a large black suitcase. Was he trying to go on a trip without saying goodbye? I quickly leave the safety of my hiding spot and run towards him.
"Daddy! Daddy!You were going to leave without saying goodbye?" I express as I run over to him.
"Not now Daniel. I have somewhere to be." He says as he dodges my hug.
"Please don't leave daddy! I'll miss you!" I cry as I feel my mother's arms wrap around me.
"I'm sorry Daniel. Goodbye." He opens the door to leave.
"Please don't go daddy! I love you!" I choke out as he shuts the door behind him.
*12 years later*
"Corbyn?" I yell as I enter the apartment that I shared with my boyfriend and other band members.
"In here!" I hear the familiar voice answer back from the kitchen. I walk in to see 3 boys sitting at the counter while Jonah cooks. I walk up to the familiar tuff of blonde hair and wrap my arms gently around his shoulders.
"Hey"I say before bending down to kiss his cheek.
"Hi," he smiles back before getting up to give me a hug, "Hey guys, me and Dani will be in the living room if you need us."
I let his hand intertwine with mine and lead me to the living room. He sits on the large couch facing the TV and I plop myself down onto his lap. We lay there enjoying each others company for about 30 minutes. I turn my head towards him and place a small kiss on his jawline. I'm about to say something when the sound on the TV suddenly stops followed by a red bar and the ringing of an alarm.
"Crap."Corbyn mutters as the thunderstorm warning moves along the top of the screen; listing our area as one of the ones in danger of being affected. I feel the color drain from my face as the splatter of rain can be heard against the roof.
"Dani...baby it's okay. It's just a storm." Corbyn says as he lifts me up off the couch and carries me to our shared bedroom. I open my mouth to say something but instead of words a sob escapes. I can see my dad slamming the door shut as he leaves.
"Please don't leave me." I cry out as a boom of thunder echos through the room. I can't tell if I'm talking to my dad or Corbyn or both. My eyes are squeezed shut as I grab my ears. I can't do this! It's too much and people are leaving and I don't know what to do. It hurts so bad.

Corbyn's POV
I watch as Daniel grips his ears and sobs.
"Dani...Daniel stop." I say as I try to move his hands from his ears. He doesn't respond to me so I take a different approach.
"Please don't...Please don't leave...please...please...please don't leave me..." he whispers through his cry's and I know he's thinking about his dad leaving. The thunder continues as I move myself so that I am sitting with my back against the headboard. Grabbing Daniel, I pull him towards me so that his back is to my chest. I snake my arms around his stomach and place my chin on his shaking shoulder. I notice that small drops are falling from his hands, and realize that he's gripping his ears so hard that his nails are drawing blood.
"Crap. Daniel? Dani? Can you hear me?" I say as I work to get his hands to release their vice-like grip on his ears.
"Please, I love you, don't leave me." Daniel sobs. I can hear his breathing getting even shakier as I finally get his left hand to loosen its hold.
"That's it baby. You're okay. I've got you." I say into his free ear as I place a gentle kiss on his neck."Corbyn?," he chokes out, "I love you, Please don't leave me."
"Never," I reassured, " I love you too."
"Please make it stop." Daniel squeaks out right before the sound of more thunder travels through the room. This only makes him cry harder.
"Daniel it's just thunder. I promise it'll pass and until then I've got you. I'm here." I whisper into his ear. He nods in response as he continues to sob. I sit there rocking us back and forth as I whisper into his ear that I love him and that I'm not leaving. Eventually I hear his breathing even out and gently I move us so that we are laying down. I look at his face and all I can think about is how much I love this boy.
"I love you baby"I whisper as I place a loving kiss onto his forehead.
—————————————————————-
Hope you enjoyed! This is my first time writing one of these so bare with me.
-P