Zach|Motion Sickness

Requested by @Allison__2
Zach's POV
Today was going to be a rough day. I'm currently sitting in the lobby of a random hotel waiting for the other boys to show up. We are currently in Maryland for our show last night and we're about to leave the hotel to head to Georgia for a charity show in Atlanta.
I woke up this morning already feeling like crap with a killer headache and an uneasy stomach. To make it worse the drive is roughly 10 hours long and I have pretty bad motion sickness so the fact that I already feel awful is not going to go well.
I'm startled out of my thoughts when a hand rests on my shoulder.
"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," Corbyn laughs and I offer a small chuckle in return, "Jonah just wanted me to tell you that instead of taking the tour bus we had to rent vans to bring us to Georgia."
"What? Why?" I exclaim as I sit up straighter in the stiff lobby chair.
"The bus is having issues or something, I don't know. It will meet us in Georgia 2-4 days after we get there since we are staying there for 10 days." Corbyn explains while taking out his phone, probably to text Christina.
This was going to be an awful trip. It's one thing to be on the bus but the van is so much bumpier and I already don't feel good. I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't even realize that Daniel was calling my name.
"Hey, buddy? You okay?" Daniel asks as he kneels in front of the chair I'm sitting on.
"Yeah...Sorry I was just spacing out." I explain as I rub at my temple.
"Well, the vans just got here. Are you ready to leave?" He gently asks as he rubs circles onto my knee.
"Umm...yeah." I lie. Daniel reaches out a hand to help me up and we walk out of the lobby to the vans where the other boys are waiting for us. The other three are already seated with Jack and Jonah in the middle row. Corbyn is in the window seat farthest from us and I get stuck in the middle of the back row in between Corbyn and Daniel.
The first 3 hours aren't too bad. I just listen to music as Daniel naps and Corbyn texts Christina. She had some sort of photoshoot thing to do for a brand deal today and she was a little nervous about it since it's her first real shoot. I watch a semi-blocked view of the fields and trees as we drive along the highway. I don't remember when but at some point I fall asleep and when I wake up I feel so much worse. My head is pounding. It feels like it is beating to the rhythm of my heart and pressing up against my skull. My stomach is woozy and I feel like I could be sick at any minute. I look at both of my sides and see what the other two are still asleep. Crap. I look to the front and see that Jack is on his phone and Jonah's also asleep. I hesitantly tap on Jack's shoulder and he slowly turns around while taking his earbuds out.
"Hey, Zach, what's up?" He asks with a small smile. I feel like there's cotton in my ears and I can barely hear him talk.
"I don't...can we stop please?" I stumble over my words a little, trying to hold back my nausea.
"Umm let him ask," Jack turns to the front and talks to the driver but I can't hear what he's saying. I can't tell if it's because of the peculiar lack of hearing I'm experiencing right now or if it's because he's whispering, but whatever the reason I don't really have enough time to care because all I feel is pain and discomfort. I place my head on the back of the car seat and try to take deep breaths but nothings helping. I feel a tap on my shoulder and look up to see Jack.
"He says that it's gonna be another half hour at least till the next rest stop. Will you be okay till then?" Jack sympathizes when I look up.
"Yeah..." I lie. I don't want to cause too much trouble and honestly, the faster we get to where we are going the faster I can get out of this van and into a comfy bed. I go back to leaning against the seat and try to ease the nausea. I don't know how much time passes but I feel the breathing start to stop working. I panic as I look around and try to find something that I can vomit in but there's nothing.
"Pull over!"
The driver jumps in shock before pulling to the side of the road and parking the car in the right lane. I stumble to unbuckle my seatbelt and climb over Daniel before I open the car door and lean my head out of it. I fall to my knees in the small legroom near Daniel's feet. I can feel him shift awake as I empty the contents of my stomach onto the pavement. After a few moments, I feel a hand rubbing circles into my back while another pulls my hair away from my forehead. My throat burns and tears start to pour from my eyes. When I finally stop Daniel helps pull me back into the van and Jonah hands me a napkin to wipe my mouth.
"Are you okay bro?" Jonah asks and I hesitantly shake my head yes even though I still kind of feel like crap.
"How far away are we?" I croak out before stopping because of my burning throat.
"4 1/2 hours." Someone responds causing me to groan.
"I'm really sorry bub. But as soon as we get to the hotel you can just get in bed and relax since we have two days till our first show." Jonah sighs.
"Ughhh...my stomach and head hurt," I whine out as I grip onto my stomach, " and my back is sore from sitting in this seat."
"Here, lay down across Daniel and I'll rub your back," Corbyn suggests and I nod gratefully.
"You'll be feeling better soon." Jack tried to comfort.
"Yeah, I guess..." I mumble back before resting my head on Daniel's shoulder.
" I just feel like crap, " I start to explain but I can feel the tears start to well up before I can finish, "I'm sorry I don't mean to be like this right now. I just have felt like crap all morning and then the van makes me feel even sicker and I don't know ."
"its okay Zach. We get it." Daniel comforts as he rubs my shoulder in comfort. For the rest of the trip, the boys comfort me and help me get comfortable. I threw up a few more times but not nearly as bad as the first time. When we finally get to the hotel I room with Corbyn who helps me get settled in bed. After a few days, I feel way better, just in time for the first concert.
—————————————————————-
Sorry updates are taking so long it was the end of the quarter in school so I had like a million exams. Please keep sending in requests and voting for the stories you like.
-Paige