Zach|Peter Pan Syndrome

Authors Note:
Hi! This chapter is more of a fluff chapter. Basically, it's going to give a sense of the relationship between Zach and the boys and the effects that this syndrome has on each of them. —————————————————————
Jack's POV
"Jack! Jacky! Jack! Wake up!" A very loud voice yelled as I felt a weight fall on top of me. I slowly opened my eyes to reveal Zach's face no more than 3 inches from mine. His messy morning hair hanging in front of his forehead, almost long enough to cover his eyes. I'll have to schedule him a haircut soon. Ugh. That will be a rough day.
"Ahhhh!" I released a scream in shock as Zach sat up and giggled while holding his stomach.
"Zach! Don't do that you scared the crap out of me." I lightly scolded so that he knew I was serious but he wasn't in any real trouble.
"Sorry Jacky," Zach said while playing with the curtain of my bunk. After a few seconds, he releases the fabric and rapidly turns to face me, "I'm hungry. Can we get food?"
"Sure. But what do we say?" I prompt him.
"Please?" He smiles goofily and I can't help but give in and we make our way to the bus's small makeshift kitchen.
"Can I have pancakes...with sprinkles. Yes! Lots and lots and lots of sprinkles!" Zach bounces around the bus probably effectively waking up the other boys and some of the crew members.
Zach stops his bunny-like hops once he lands in front of me.
"Jack? Can you tell me a story?" He asks and I give in per usual.
Daniel's POV
I feel the bus shake in an unusual way as the sound of Zach's voice echoes through the bus. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and slowly force myself out of the bunk. I walk towards the main part quietly but pause when I see Jack and Zach. Jacks laying with his head on the arm of the couch and his back facing me. Zach is laying half on top, half next to him with his head against Jack's chest as he looks at the ceiling of the bus. I watch on as Jack plays with Zach's hair and tells him a story about a prince who rescues the princess from her evil stepmother. Just as I'm about to walk in I feel a hand rest on my shoulder making me turn my head. I come face to face with Jonah and give him a small smile.
"What are you doing?" He asks.
"Just watching Jack and Zach. Jacks telling him a story again." I respond before turning back to face the two.
"It's weird isn't it?" Jonah wonders aloud.
"What do you mean?" I ask curiously while I watch Zach laugh at something Jack said.
"Them. When they're together they act differently. Zach calms down a bit and Jack is so patient and careful with him. It's just strange how two people can connect so deeply and influence each other like that I guess." Jonah explains. As I think about what he said I realize that he's right. Zach's mindset is equivalent to one of around an 8-year-old if not younger and he's really hyper all the time. He constantly needs to be entertained and he doesn't understand everything the same way a normal 16 years old would. He gets confused easily and honestly sometimes he's a lot to handle. But when he's with Jack he calms down and is able to stay still for longer. Jack always takes time to entertain him or explain what's going on. It's sweet the way Jack looks after him and you can tell just from looking at them that they blend together well and care for each other.
"Yeah. Love can be so weird." I comment. Before we can continue the conversation Zach turns into his belly and catches the notice of Jonah and me.
"Oh My God! Jacky! Dani and Jonah are up! Yay pancake time." He celebrates getting off of Jack and heading to the cabinet to get what I'm guessing is pancake mix and rainbow sprinkles.
Corbyn POV
I wake up and check the time to see that it's 7:00 am. Yawning, I slowly slip out of bed and walk to the main section of the bus. The boys' voices get louder as I enter to see Jack in the kitchen area, Daniel and Jonah are cuddled on the couch watching as Zach plays Mario Cart and talking to each other.
"Morning everyone!" I smile as everyone greets me. I take a seat in the booth and watch as everyone does their typical morning routine.
"Corbyn!" Zach jumps up from his spot on the floor and rushes over to hug me.
"Hey, buddy!" I laugh and squeeze him back.
"I woke up this morning but no one else was awake so I woke up Jacky and then he told me a story and then Daniel and Jonah showed up so Jacky is making us breakfast. We are having pancakes with sprinkles and I'm so excited they taste so so so good. Don't you think they taste good? But-" he rambled on before being interrupted by Jack.
"Zach give him a chance to breathe. Remember what we talked about?" Jack questioned as he flipped a pancake.
"Yes. Don't talk too much without letting the other person respond first." Zach sighed before looking at me.
"I'm sorry."
"It's okay buddy. I get it. You were just excited." I comfort as I rub his shoulder.
Jonah's POV
I watch as Corbyn comforts Zach before he jumps up and runs to the kitchen to join Jack.
"Hey guys, after breakfast we have to go to the studio to record the last few parts for the new single," Daniel informs as I kiss the side of his head.
"Sounds good to me. I'll probably go visit Christina after we're done." Corbyn says before taking out his phone, probably to message her.
Daniel and I nod in understanding before returning to our original position of Dani being cuddled into my side. Daniel and I's relationship is kinda strange to most people. We aren't dating but a lot of the time people think we are because of how close we are physically and emotionally. We share small things like kisses and we cuddle a lot but we've never slept together or anything like that before. We probably won't either. Dani is bisexual and I'm fluid so there's nothing stopping us from being together except for the fact that we don't feel that way about each other. Dani is special and our connection is really unique. We fill the empty space within each other and share small couple-like moments but that's only because we are completely comfortable with who we are and our relationship with each other. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when jack calls that breakfast is ready. The five of us gather around the table and eat the pancakes before getting ready to leave for the studio.
Zach's POV
I watch the bus come up to the studio building. I'm so so so excited! I love the studio so much. Almost as much as the zoo...or concerts...or-Oooo we're here! I grab the handle and I'm about to open the door but Jack's voice stops me.
"Zach! Stop. Don't open the door before the bus stops." He scolds and I instantly feel bad. I don't want Jacky to be mad at me. He's my best friend and if he's mad at me then I'll be all alone.
"I'm sorry Jacky," I say as my eyes start to water. I don't want to cry but I'm sad.
"It's okay. Come here." Jack gently tells me as he opens his arms up. I slowly walk into then and feel his arms tighten around me. I feel like I'm being hugged by a giant warm marshmallow. I love marshmallows, especially in my hot chocolate and I love hot chocolate at Christm-
"Zach, bub? Are you okay?"Jack asks and I can feel his words against my face which is pressed into his hoodie.
"I'm okay. I just got sad a little." I mumble into him. He chuckles but I don't know why. I pull my head back to look at him and he wipes my eyes with the pad of his thumb.
"Don't be sad. I didn't mean to make you sad. I just didn't want you to get hurt." He explains and I feel his hand brush against my cheek. I think I love him. I'm not sure I know what love is but I think I love him. Danie said it was okay if I loved a boy and that it wasn't wrong. He likes boys and girls he told me but I think that I only like boys. Girls are mean to me except my mom...oh and my sister...oh and Jacky's family. Jacky's family is so nice to me. I got cookies last time I went to his house and they were so good. I love cookies. That's a fact. I love cookies and when I eat them I feel nice and fluffy inside. So I think that means I love Jacky too because when I'm with Jacky I feel really fluffy inside, even more than when I eat the cookies. I'm gonna tell him. But I don't know when...and what if he says no then I'll be sad. And I don't like being sad...
"Zach?," I quickly pay attention to Jack again when I hear my name "we need to go in now, okay?"
"Okay"
Jacky and the other boys walk into the building and I follow behind them. I stop following them when I see little flowers next to the side of the building. I quickly run over and pick a few of them so that I can give them to Jack when I tell him that I love him. That's what they do in the movies we watch and the people always say that they love them too so this means that Jack will definitely say it back! The flowers are small and yellow and cute and they smell nice. Jack smells nice. Like honey and cinnamon. I love honey. But I don't like bees. They scare me especially when they try to sting me. I notice the boys entering the building and run to catch up.
"What do you got there?" Jack asks when I catch up to his side.
"Flowers" I smile back as we walk through different halls. This place is like a really big maze. It's like we are the tiny mice looking for cheese and-
"Why do you have flowers?" He asks and I smile back shyly. I'm about to tell him but we get interrupted by a big man with a guitar.
Jack's POV
We arrive at the booth and start to record the new parts. This is our first time with this guy because we are on tour right now but we really need to finish these songs and we don't have time to go back to LA. It's going alright with Daniel in the booth right now. The rest of us are sitting on the couch with the exception of Zach who is walking around with his little flowers. They're dandelions so they are technically weeds but I don't have the heart to tell him. He just looks so happy and content. I watch as he goes up to where the man is sitting and watches him press all the buttons.
"What are you doing with them weeds son?" The man asks and Zach frowns.
"They aren't weeds they are flowers and I'm gonna give them to the boy I like," Zach says and a part of my heart falls as he says that. But I don't have very much time to feel bad about it because the man snatches the dandelions from Zach's hands before squishing them and dropping the torn up remains on the ground.
"Boy? You can't like a boy that's wrong and a sin! You're going to go to hell for this. And on top of that, you're a stupid-"
But he doesn't get to finish because I storm up to him and punch him square in the jaw.
"How dare you!" I scream as I lunge at him but I only get a few hits in before I feel two sets of arms hold me back. The man yells for security and I'm so blinded by rage that I barely even register us being removed from the building. When we finally arrive outside my brain finally snaps out of it and I hear Jonah holding me still while yelling at me to calm down and I hear Zach's sniffles fill the air. I instantly feel bad and relax in Jonah's grip. Slowly he lets go and I turn towards a crying Zach. He's being held in a hug by Corbyn as he cries. I push my anger aside and walk towards him, gently I place my hand on his shoulder. He slowly turns around before throwing himself at me. I slowly and carefully wrap him in my arms before I guide him onto the bus and into the backspace so that we have some privacy from the other boys.
"Zach? Oh, Zach, I'm so so sorry."I whisper into his hair. He gently pulls away before looking up at me.
"H-He was so mean" Zach cries and I feel my heartbreak as he furiously wipes at his eyes.
"I know, I know," I pull him back into a hug and run my hand up and down his back, "it's okay. I got you. What he said wasn't true at all. It's okay to love whoever you want." I choke up a little at the end because I love him so much but I don't think he loves me. But that's okay because he deserves whoever he wants. Zach is the one bright light in this dark world and I want him to be happy...even if it's not with me.
"I just-just wanted...t-to give the flowers to y-you." He hiccups as he cries into my shoulder and it takes me a second to put the pieces together. He told the man that he wanted to give the flowers to the boy he loved. But he just said that he wanted to give the flowers to me? He loves me.
"It's okay. I don't need them." I reassure as he looks at me once again.
"B-But I wanted to give them to you. In the movies, the boy always gives flowers to the girl he loves and then she says that she loves him back. I wanted to give you the flowers so that you would love me back..." he sadly explains.
"Oh Zach, I don't need the flowers to love you. I already love you without them." I smile at him.
"You do?" He asks as his bottom lips beginning to wobble.
"Yes! I love you so much." I exclaim as I kiss his forehead.
"How much is so much?" He innocently asks.
"It's this muchhhh." I hold my arms out to the sides of him and stretch them as far as they will go.
"That's so much!" He laughs and I begin to laugh with him.
—————————————————————
Sorry, it took so long to update but please vote and comment if you enjoyed this!<3
-P