1

One sunny day in the city of Los Angeles, California. There's a girl... A woman.

She's just like the others. Just a typical American living in the hot beaches of California.

But somehow there's something about her that caught my attention. Everyday since I first saw her. I always come to the beach. At the exact place. At the exact time. Just to see that ravishing smile of hers.

I don't know what's with her. She is just after all like the others.

But what's with that smile that gets my attention? Maybe because I envy her for having great teeth?

No.. That can't be it. I am as my mother describe me, one of the most narcissistic person in the world.

I love myself. From head to toe. Then if it's not envy that leads all my attention to her then what?

"Excuse me, may I help you? I've seen you for 2 weeks just observing me. Are you a stalker?" I couldn't speak.

She's right infront of me and I couldn't speak. What is happening to me?

And as stupid as I am. I did the stupidest thing possible. I talked with hand gestures. Pretending I couldn't speak.

I'm sorry if you think I'm creepy. I just find the life of an American living in California amazing.

I answered with hand gestures. Hoping she'll just leave me be on my usual corner at the cafe.

But to my suprise she could understand me.

"It's okay I understand, darlin'. But my husband finds it very unpleasant that you are in a corner eyeing his wife. So please to avoid trouble can you lay off me a bit? I hope you understand" She begged doing hand gestures herself.

She's married. I mentally slapped my face. I looked at her hand. And there it is. The wedding ring.

I just nodded and went home.

-----

I looked straight at the ceiling of my bedroom with my sketchpad on my arms.

I can't believe I didn't even noticed the ring.

How can I be so stupid?

How can I fall in love with her this quickly?

Yes. In love. You read it right.

From the moment she talked to me I knew she's The One.

But how can she be mine when she's already with someone else?

I sat up. I opened my sketch pad and couldn't help but smile. It's all my drawing of her. And she still looks absolutely beautiful.

I closed it. Stood up. And threw it in the trash.

I know I'm madly in love with her. And I'm stupid for not even trying to get her. But she's already happy. I don't want to ruin that smile on her face.

If you really love someone you let them go right?