11

Him

A few days ago..

I woke up because of the sweet smell of pancakes being cooked.

As I suspected she's already out of bed. My sweet fiancé must be cooking breakfast.

I went out of bed and into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I don't want to embarrass myself by kissing her with a bad breathe.

She'll only make fun of me. That meanie.

When I got downstairs she's already arranging the table. She didn't notice me come out so I sneaked behind her back and tickled her making her squeal.

I laughed out loud then hugged her from behind.

"Morning boss." I greeted and kissed her forehead. She hummed and held my hand.

"Morning weirdo." I snorted making her laugh. She sat on her chair and placed a piece of pancake on my plate.

"Eat up, loser. Our flight is in a couple of hours."

I sat down with a laugh and also gave her a piece. She kept on telling me the things that we had planned for the week. But I couldn't listen and just stared at her.

Madeline James. Soon to be my lovely wife.

3 years ago when we moved to Chicago I was broken hearted. Elaina Summers was my everything.

WAS my everything.

I was sad and my sweet best friend noticed and slapped me out of it.

She literally slapped me out of it.

We got drunk. One thing led to another.

At first we thought it was just a huge drunken mistake and tried to forget it but days passed and all my mind is saying is Madeline James.

I thought about our relationship. Maddie was there for me through everything. She slapped me when she need to because she cared for me. She has always been there and still is.

It used to be just my mind who's speaking her name. Then, she occupied my heart too before I could even notice.

She's my best friend. And the moment I realized that you know what I did?

I ran from my apartment to the office to get to her. Like the one in the romantic movies.

And she is there. I professed my love for her in the best speech I have ever told in my life.

But in a classic Maddie way she didn't just kiss me or hug me or tell me a speech that says she loves me.

She flicked my forehead and scolded me. I even remember her words.

"Idiot. Who told you to run over here? You expected to get a girl sweaty and smelly? Riding a cab is possible you know that? You weirdo. This isn't a romantic movie that the girl just say yes to whatever lame proposal the guy has. This is reality, dummy. How are you even sure that I feel the same way anyway? If I don't you'll just end up being a sweaty middle aged man wondering around Chicago. You are such an idiot."

And for some reason I'm not hurt by her words. I even smiled. It's not Maddie if she didn't insult me.

"I'm not certain at all if you feel the same way. And even if you don't, I know I wouldn't end up wondering around Chicago like an idiot because you care for the people around you despite being your meanie self."

She got mad because out of everything I said she only noticed the meanie part. She even punched me in the arm.

Let me tell you, Madeline James may be a woman but she's one heck of a strong one.

"Stop staring at me weirdo!" I snapped back to reality with a huge grin when I noticed her blushing. She looks beautiful.

That night I asked her this question.

"Maddie do you love me?" She looked at me the same way she is looking at me right now.

"How can you even ask me that?" She asked back with her signature eye roll.

She smiled flashing me her perfect set of teeth. "Of course I do. Do you love me, hon?" She asked back.

I leaned in and kissed her. "I love you."

Elaina Summers was everything. I couldn't see anyone other than her. But when I finally saw Maddie, I realized what I felt for Elaina wasn't love.

What I feel now is love. I'm a hundred percent sure.

I love Madeline James.