4

Even after several hours after talking to her I still couldn't keep her out of my mind.

She asked me to be her plus one in her ex's wedding.

Yes, I guess it is a little strange to invite a stranger to a wedding like that but I'm happy she did.

I get to spend more time with her which is more than enough for me.

"Stop day dreaming and do your job, asshole." I looked at Madeline and chuckled.

Beacuse of her I even managed to laugh at Madeline's grouchiness. I can even still feel my heart thump from our interaction hours ago.

"Have you gone crazy? Why are you laughing?"

Maddie is my boss and best friend here in New York. She's always grouchy and her over the top irascibility is pretty much annoying but she also has a heart of gold.

"I saw her again, Maddie." I said enthusiastically. I couldn't contain how happy I am and even hugged her.

"And her name is Elaina Summers.." I sighed and smiled. Just the mention of her name makes my heart go fast.

I am truly madly in love with her.

"You spent 5 years suffering because of that girl. And now just a small chat with her and you are crawling back to her like a puppy."

I lost my smile at what Madeline said. It's not because she insulted me or I feel offended but because I know she's right.

I fell in love with her 5 years ago when I first saw her. And she broke my heart without her even knowing. I went to New York to move on. But I saw her again..

I thought I have moved on. But who am I kidding? She never left my heart. She's still in there.

Making me both happy and in pain.

I know to myself I have to stop. For my own good. I need to move on.

But as I walk back home. I kept thinking about her. Her and that ravishing smile.

Up until now I ask myself. What is it about her that keeps me hanging on to her after so many years?

Why am I so in love with that woman?

Is it because of her appearance? No.. That can't be it. I've seen much prettier ladies in my lifetime and I am for sure not in love with them. Then what attracted me to her?

Maybe we're soulmates?

But there's no such thing. People make their own fate and people choose who they love.

I'm a smart guy. A lot of people has said so already. I can figure this out..

"If I didn't know better I'll think you're my stalker."

I looked up and froze when I saw that smile again. That smile that no matter what always pours my heart with joy.

I smiled making her smile even wider. Making her more beautiful every passing second.

"Coming home from work?" She asked and walked side by side with me.

"Yeah. You?"

As we walk side by side, I couldn't stop thinking about her hand just beside mine.

I want to hold her hand. Just to see how good it'll feel. Will it?

"Same. I just had the worst day. My publisher rejected my book." She shared.

"You're a writer?" She nodded to my question and smiled. "It's my passion. I'm gonna guess you're an architect?"

I nodded and looked at her. Now that I noticed it. She's carrying a laptop case.

She's a writer. She must be talented. And smart too. Her book must be great, how can her publisher reject it?

"You ready for the wedding later?" She asked and a twinkle in her eyes.

For a woman who's about to go to her ex husband's wedding she is awfully happy.

I nodded. She, on the other hand, stopped on her track and went in front of the door of a apartment building.

"This is me. See you later, darlin'." I froze when she suddenly kissed me on the cheek and went inside leaving me in the cold outside.

She just kissed me on the cheek. My heart is beating so fast I think I'm about to have a heart attack.

I smiled and even jumped. I don't care about how people see me. I am just very happy.

Who won't be after that?

I stared at the door she went in with a huge smile plattered on my face.

Elaina Summers, I love you.