5

As I wait for her arrival I couldn't help but reminisce about what happened just hours ago.

This turned out to be the best day of my life.

"Hey handsome."

I froze when I saw her. She just has that affect on me. Especially her smile..

She's a wearing a simple red dress and white fur jacket with red heels. She looks nothing but beautiful.

"Let's go darlin'" She reached my hand and pulled me to walk side by side with her.

She pulled her hand back and hugged herself. I didn't want to let go of her hand. I want to hold on to her for as long as she'll let me. But who am I kidding? I'm just a nobody to her.

"Where's the wedding?" She smiled before pointing a hotel just 4 blocks from us.

When we got inside the hotel the whole place screams luxury and elegance. It feels like we entered an entire different world.

But despite of the beauty the hotel has. My attention is still on her. Her smile.

She looks so fascinated of the hotel. She keeps on looking around with that special twinkle in her eyes.

What is it about you that makes me feel this way?

"Let's go, darlin'. The wedding is about to begin."

She walked inside the event hall of the hotel first and I just followed her. Still admiring how beautiful she is.

Elaina Summers.

I can repeat her name over and over again and it still brings joy into my heart. Imagine that! Just her name makes me happy.

"Hey groomy." She greeted the guy in the blue tuxedo. When the guy faced us I can immediately see why she fell in love with him.

His presence alone is intimidating. Even for me that is very confident for himself.

They hugged for a second with huge smiles on their faces. For an ex married couple they are too friendly with each other.

"I'm glad you can come. So is this the famous Steve, the boyfriend?" I looked at her for a while before smiling at him.

So this is why she invited me to this wedding? She wants me to pretend that I'm her boyfriend and my name is as ugly as Steve?

"Yep. Darlin', this is Zander James. Z, this is Steve." I offered my hand to him which he gladly shook.

"Steve Wheeler. Great to finally meet you."

As much as I don't want to pretend like some other guy named Steve I didn't have a choice. I don't want to embarass her in front of her ex that she clearly still loves.

What matters is she's doing good and she's happy.

"How'd you meet?" He asked looking at her but I decided to answer the question. "On a café just a few blocks from here. When I first saw her I was frozen when I saw her beauty I accidentally left my wallet." I told him.

I told him the truth. I don't want anymore lie. Having an ugly pretend name is already enough.

I looked at her lovingly. The way I look at her when she's not looking. The way I always see her.

"I know what you mean. Elaina is something else right?" He asked and laughed.

I just nodded while still looking at her. She's looking down now. Maybe she feels embarass? Shy maybe? I don't know what it is but I took her hand and intertwined it with mine.

When I caught her attention I smiled at her making her smile too. It's a good feeling.

That I get to make her smile. I just wish that all the lies we are saying to him are the truth.

I want to be her boyfriend. I want to be the one who makes her heart skip a beat. The one that can make her happy just by being around. I want be the one, the guy that she loves so dearly like how she loves Zander.

When the bride arrived the wedding started right away. They shared their beautiful vows to each other. Cried and laughed at the same time.

A result of how happy they are to be married to each other.

I should be happy. It's a wedding. Even to a couple I don't really know, I should be happy that they found each other in this messed up world but I couldn't.

I'm angry.

She didn't let go of my hand the entire ceremony. She kept on squeezing it as if she's taking her energy from it and will to stay sane from me.

She doesn't deserve this. She deserve so much better.

What does she deserve? You?

I froze for a couple of seconds for what the other part of my brain said.

It's right.. I'm right. She doesn't deserve me. She deserve something more. Something even greater.

But for now, I'll be with her. No matter how it hurts that she doesn't love me. No matter how much it hurts to be around her. I'll be with her until she no longer needs me. Until she finds that special someone that deserves her.

I'll be with her.