Prologue

A girl sits in a chair. Her arms locked against the arm rests and her legs are chained to the ground. The pale girl was surrounded by four men. Each one of them with an electric pole and a dagger. They all had armor that was thick and covered their bodies, and a helmet out of the same material that covered their heads.

The girl groaned of boredom and hunger. She hasn't eaten for a few days and was beginning to grow weaker by the minute. The girl's long white hair faded to gray at the tips, signifying that she was slowly dying.

The girl tugged at her wrists, but couldn't manage to pull herself out of this mess. The room she was in was small and hot, the air moist and dry. Sweat dripped down the girl's face, past her dull yellow eyes and to her curved chin.

A door opened on her right and a tall man came through with a satisfied look on his face. He had brown hair, blue eyes, and a blinding lab coat on. In his hands was a clipboard and pencil.

"Subject 396517. We have gained information about what you are and what we will do to you." The man said, scanning his clipboard. His serious, stern voice quietly echoed in the room.

"My name is Shard." The girl replied harshly. Her voice was deep with a strong accent. Shard wrestled at the chains holding down her feet. The man in the lab coat just stared at the girl and shook his head.

"We have found out about your kind... Shard. Felis Sapiens." the man gave her a cold look that made her shiver a little. "We know you have powers like the rest of your friends. You will transfer the powers to the boss or you will die."

"How do you know I can even do that!?" Shard snarled at the man with a hard glare.

"We have done tests with your friends. We have figured out your plan to escape."

The man smirked as Shard fell silent. She knew she had to do something before she died.

The scared girl looked at her white hair to see the gray spreading closer to her chin.

"Oh...you're dying?" The man smirked as he examined Shard's hair. "We might as well let you..." The man turned to the door he came though. Then he stopped quickly and looked over his shoulder. "Unless you transfer your power to the boss."

"Never!" the girl shouted, urging to punch the man who had killed almost the last of the Felis Sapiens.

"You will do it subject 396517. Mark my words." The man nodded to one of her guards and the guard came closer to her.

The man walked out of the room as he heard an electrical shock and the girl screaming in pain.

The man sighed and walked down a long hallway that had multiple doors leading to different rooms. He stepped inside one of the rooms to face his assistant. She was a little shorter than the man and had blond hair and brown eyes. She had round glasses and the same lab coat as the man in front of her.

"How many more subjects do we have left Dory?" The man gave his assistant a look.

"Well..." Dory started. She grabbed a sheet of paper off a nearby shelf and looked through it. "Um...all that's left is subject 396517."

The man groaned at Dory and through his clipboard at a desk that had some more paperwork on it. This was a work room after all. Some of the organized paper floated to the ground.

"Sir, we need to act fast if we wish to continue the boss's plan." Dory started picking up the loose papers.

"Yes I know!" the man said angrily. Then he sighed. "I need you to contact the boss."

"Yes sir." Dory nodded, racing out of the room and farther down the hall to the contact room.

The man in the lab coat ran back to Shard right after. He walked into the room and took out a small hand knife from his pocket.

The girl was breathing, but slowly and deeply. She coughed in pain, the gray in her hair almost to her scalp.

"Listen to me girl!" The man grabbed Shard's cheek bones and made her look up at him. The girl's face looked tired. Her eyes though, caught the man off guard.

"Hair turns gray when dying, eyes turn black when the power has been passed." The girl whispered.

Shard's eyes were black holes staring into the man's soul. The girl smiled and closed her dead eyes. The man stepped back in anger and frustration. All of Shard's body became limp, her skin, pure white.

The man's boss came in a second later. He was big and tall and had a tight gray suit and red tie. His shoes were black. He examined the dead girl in the chair, then faced the man in the lab coat.

"Change of plans. Find the figure who subject 396517 transferred to. We must find and capture them."

"Yes boss!" The man in the lab coat nodded. Everyone including the guards left the room quickly, leaving the last of the Felis Sapiens to rot...