Chapter 8

"You were... almost killed?" Libby asked, surprised that I even asked the question.

"Listen. I know what I saw. It was when I was knocked out." I stood up, pacing unconsciously around the room. "I was in a room, sort of like a testing room. I was surrounded by men who watched me struggle to escape..." I paused. "I was strapped to the chair I was in. Then, I heard a voice. 'Subject 396517. We have gained information about what you are and what we will do to you.' I looked up at him, suddenly filled with hunger and anger. I didn't know what was happening."

"Lily, you must not be feeling right." Libby put both hands on my shoulders, stopping my pacing.

"Is this...Heaven?" I asked out of no were.

"No! Lily why would you ask that?"

"Because...the man left. And I got electrocuted. Electrical currents filled my body. It was painful. To painful. I-" I paused, remembering what I had seen. "My vision blurred, then everything went black. I...Ah!" I yelled to myself, throwing Libby's hands away from me. "Libby what is wrong with me!?" I yelled, turning around and clutching my head.

"Lily, what's wrong?" her tone was worried. "Tell me."

"It's like...I have a whole nother set of memories bolted into my brian." I told her, looking up to the white ceiling. I closed my eyes when Libby was silent. Memories that weren't mine flashed through my head. I saw battle, killing, escaping, being captured. All of them came in on one side of my brian and out the other. I didn't understand anything. All of those memories, flashing before me, disappearing as quickly as they came.

"It's happened." she said after a second.

"What?" I opened my eyes again and gave her a confused glance.

"The power cell of your passer has merged with you."

"Is this why I had to be knocked out?" I asked, slowly connecting the dots.

"Yep. Your body isn't used to the power cell so it blocks it. Once you're knocked out though, your body is weakened, allowing the power cell to merge with your nerves I'm pretty sure."

"I guess that makes sense." I said, facing her. I folded my hands around my neck. I let out a sigh, feeling a bit dizzy from everything happening.

"Hey, it happened to all of us." Libby said with a warm smile.

"I'm tired." I said, face planting into my bed. "Please let me rest some more."

"Will do." I heard Libby's footsteps fade as she walked out of the room. When I was sure she was gone, I flipped over on my back. "Dang it Lilian. What happened to you?"

I woke up with a start. I sighed. That was the 6th time tonight. I couldn't sleep. Every time I tried, I saw a long battle of death and betrayal. It's now early morning. I can't take it anymore. I feel like my mind is going crazy. I needed to find mom and Jess. I needed to know if they were okay.

I sit up from my bed, looking to the closet right next to it. Earlier, Matthew said I could wear Libby's small clothing.

I looked through the closet, going through all my options. There were sweaters, t shirts long sleeves, and hanging pjs. On the floor of the closet were my shoes and a few pairs that belonged to Libby and Hail. I looked through the clothing and picked out an oversized blue hoodie, a grey shirt, and black boots with a furr rim. After changing, I slipped on the boots and looked for a flashlight. As I did, my vision flickered, flashes of white shined brightly in my eyes, faint light blue lines appeared with it. I blinked a few times, trying not to be bothered by it.

I looked around the kitchen, the living room, and my bedroom, but couldn't find anything. I guess I'm going without one. I thought with a sigh. My vision flickered again and I groaned quietly, hitting the side of my head with my palm.