Chapter 7

I groaned and rolled over on my back. Something super furry rested against me and I cuddled into it. As I did, Ray's of sunlight hit my eyelids. I closed my eyes tighter and flipped over again back onto my side. The sun was still in my eyes and I filled over again. When I felt a rush of wind pushing against me, I opened my eyes to see my face meet the floor.

"Ow!" I cried with a thump. I sat up and rubbing my nose. Then, I heard footsteps coming closer. I quietly jumped up onto the bed I was laying on. I glided my heads a long the soft blanket and I looked to see a girl coming up to me.

She had long ginger hair that faded to brown at the tips. Bangs covered half of her pale face. All I could see was a half smile and an amburn eye.

"Ummmm..." I started and started to amlessly look around. "Did something happen? Because I didn't hear anything." I looked her in the eye, then added quickly, "Or do anything for that matter."

In return, I got a high pitched laughter from the girl. "You're a funny one. I guess Matthew was right." She leaned onto one foot and and put a hand on her hip.

"Matthew's here? Can I see him?" I amadentenly jumped off the bed. Standing in front of the girl, she was like a head taller than me.

"First, I want to introduce myself." She held out a hand and I took it. "I'm Libby."

"Oh I can tell why." I chuckled, giving her a weird look. "I'm Lily, Lilian if you must."

"Nice to meet you Lily. I'm guessing you're the one Matthew has been visiting?"

"The one and only." We released hands and she led me to a larger, more open room.

I started looking around, seeing a small chandelier on the ceiling, paintings here and there, and a fireplace. In front of that was a long white sofa. And a round table in between that and the fireplace. There were a few cups of what looked like hot chocolate, sitting on the table. They were probably fresh, because I could see steam coming from the top of the cups.

"Look who's up!" I heard a new voice. I turned to the sofa to see a bulky teenager laying down on his back. He had a pillow covering his face.

"Lee, meet Lily. Play nice with her. We don't know if she has strength like you." Libby gave his bare leg a pat.

"You know it." Lee raised his arm and gave us a thumbs up . Then, he let his arm flop back down like jello. I stood there looking at him for a second. I was about to ask to show his face when I heard Libby call me.

"Lily! Come on! You want to meet the rest of the crew?"

"Sure." I shrugged and after one last look at Lee, I followed Libby into the kitchen.

Their kitchen was a nice. Small and organized, just like mine back at home. The was a fridge, dishwasher, sink, oven, a stove on top of the oven, and some cabinet that lined the ceiling and the floor. There wasn't any microwave or toaster which confused me, but I didn't question it. On the granite countertop was a long, thin wooden cup. It held a spatula and a large spoon. Next to it was a stack of pans, each one a different size, layering up on one another.

"Cool." I commented.

"Thanks!" a new voice replied. I turned my head to see a girl a bit taller than me, and a little boy that looked to be about 8 or 9 years old. The girl had super long dark brown hair that was put into a high ponytail. Even with her hair up, it reached her elbows. The girl turned her head slightly, gave me a quick nod, then go back to what she was doing. From what I could tell, her eyes were a lightish blue.

"This is Hail." Libby introduced her to me. "The boy is Bruce. He may look young, but he's the second oldest here." Libby put a hand on her hip.

Bruce turned around when Libby tapped his shoulder. Both of his eyes were white. It caused it to cringe a bit.

"Bruce is blind and doesn't speak." Libby informed.

"Yeah, makes since." I shrugged. Bruce nodded and ruffled his shaggy brown hair. Some of it went in his face. He then turned around when Libby started walking away.

"Come on." She tilted her head at me when she realized I wasn't following.

"Sorry." I said with a sigh. I really felt bad for Bruce. Blind and he couldn't speak? That must suck.

Next, we went through a long corridor a few doorways either side. Libby stopped what one of the last ones and opened the door with a creak of the hinges.

"This will be your room, Lily." She said, motioning that I step inside. I did, looking around the bland room. The walls were pure white like fresh paint. The only furniture was a bed and a dresser and a lamp next to it. A large window was on the far wall.

"This is...nice." I started with a nod. Then it hit me. "Wait...what am I doing here? Where are my parents!?" Everything was starting to come back to me. I had completely forgotten about what happened the night before.

"Lily, you need to calm down." Libby put a hand on my shoulder.

"Hold up." I smacked her hand away before putting my fingers to my temples, trying to remember what happened.

Jessie was knocked out, mom went down, then it was my turn but I failed to keep my head high. "AHH!" I yelled, crouching to the floor with anger. "I was so weak. Why did I stand up and fight!"

"Lily let me explain-" Libby started, but stopped when she saw I was now in tears. "Come on, you were fine a minute ago." She said, rubbing my back for reassurance.

"Were you there?" I asked. "Or is this a dream?"

"Why would you ask that?"

"Because if you weren't there, how would you know where I lived or...when to get me before I got killed?"

Hello everyone! It's Angel. Sorry this chapter came a bit late and was a bit short. I struggling to keep up, but to challenge myself, Im trying to post chapters every 2 weeks now. Its so I can get my head in the game. I need to be better than this and this is how Im gonna do it! Thanks for reading and I hope you guys guys have a great day!

- Angel <3