Chapter 6

I heard the front door open and a loud scream. "Get away from my child!" I opened my eyes to find mom pushing the man with the needle.

"What do you think your doing miss? That girl is very dang- OW!!!" Mom kicked his shin hard. The other two men let go of me when mom came over.

"And what did you do to my sweet boy!?" She yelled in furry. She linked arms with me and held me close to her side. Mom's long white dress skimmed my kneecap. "He had-" Mom paused, the word 'had' slurred unevenly. Her grip on me loosened and I gasped, catching her before she fell to the ground.

"Mom!" I yelled. There was a needle pinned into her spine. It looked like a canister with a pink pom pom on it.

"Thanks Boss." The larger of the men sat up, clenching his leg.

Boss? I looked behind me and almost jumped when I saw a large man. He was even larger than the man mom kicked. He had a black suit that fit tightly around his body. He had a white undershirt and a tie that wrapped around his neck. It his hand was a gun. I stepped back in fear, only to be grabbed by all three of the men who invaded the house. I yelled, kicked, tried to punch someone but I couldn't. I felt helpless, useless, I couldn't defend myself.

"Help!' I cried looking around. I looked the Boss of the group. He was reloading his gun with one of the pom pom needles. "Help me! Someone! Anyone!" I cried. The Boss shot the gun at me. The needle sank into my collar bone I paused in shock as I felt liquid travel inside of me. Pain exploded in my arm and I yelled. The men dropped me to the ground. I fell on my side, feeling drowsy, loosing my strength. I used the last of it to pull out the needle, hanging on to the thin thread that kept me conscious. I felt dizzy, my vision was blurring.

I tried to sit up, a deep voice ringing in my ears; "She's a strong one. That's her."

As I struggled to sit up, I yelled. In Taekwondo, my instructors say that yelling give us strength when we need it. But it wasn't working for me. I didn't want to give up against my body, but I started to loose. Sooner or later I would have to give up and my I would be swept away into darkness. I could tell. I hit my head against the floor as hard as I could. I could barely feel the pain. I closed my eyes, and that's when a zap hit me hard. Everything went black before my eyes and I was out, my face on the floorboards.

<><><><>

Five teenagers sat waiting, quietly behind a house.

"When are they going to be here? We can't wait all night." a boy asked. He was tall and bulked up, kneeling extra low to stay hidden in the grass. He had dark hair and a green eye. The other was white.

"Lee, you heard what Libby said." Another voice was heard in the night.

"Come on Rain, we never know if Libby hears what she says or not." The boy speaks again.

"Would you guys be quiet?" A whisper came from the boy next to them.

"Mat, would you politely tell Rain to stop getting on my nerves?" Lee asked.

Rain looked at him, glaring. Her short ginger hair waved back and forth. She was about to reject when a sound of large Vehicles was heard.

"Hail." Matthew purcked his head up as 2 vehicles came to a stop in front of the house. They were all black with large headlights at the front.

"Yes?" another girl in the small group asked.

"When you get a chance, bring Bruce into the house. But be careful we need to time this right."

Hail nodded without looking away from the men coming out of the cars, her extremely long black hair bounced up and down. There were three of them, each in matching white outfits. The girl set an arm on Bryce, a small boy next to her. He looked a year or two younger than the others. Bryce nodded and ruffled his long bangs that covered his eyes.