Chapter 3

I woke up with a start, breathing as quickly as I could. I coughed and crawled onto my knees. Everything I saw and heard was super blurry and fuzzy. I blinked a few times and rubbed my eyes while sitting up and coughing some more.

"Lilian!" I faintly heard a voice. I shook my head, coughing a few more times. "Lily Idaha!" I looked at the floor of my bedroom, then up to see my mom. Or at least I think.

My mom gasped and ran out of the room when she saw me, her dress swaying at her sides a little quicker than normal.

"M-mom?" I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes.

"Honey come look at her eye." my mom whispered to someone outside the room.

I rubbed my eyes again as she came in front of me. I noticed that my vision was a lot different than before though. Everything was brighter and everything, super close or super far, was perfectly clear.

My dad knelt in my face and I blinked being able to see him even though the only light in the room was my lamp.

"What's wrong with your eye hun? Does anything hurt?" My dad shot some questions my way.

"Well...uhh..." I stuttered a little.

<><><><>

There was a small beeping noise coming from a large machine. "I'm getting something from the satellite!" Dory called her boss who was right behind her. Next to her boss was that man in the lab coat.

"Where is it coming from?" the man asked curiously.

Dory pulled up a holographic computer and showed a map of the U.S. A red glowing dot stood on the far side of Arizona.

"It's the same kind of reading we got from those aliens."

"Then that is where we will go." The boss of the trio announced proudly. "Ready some planes!"

"Yes, sir!" Dory ran out of the room in a hurry.

"Gabe." The boss turned to the man in the lab coat once Dory was gone.

"Yes, boss?" Gabe looked up into the tall man's blue eyes.

"I need a containment room for the figure as well as some weapons to capture them."

"On it." The man in the lab coat walked to the door before his boss stopped him.

"I also need a formula that will make the figure's power weaken until we can figure out what to do."

Gabe nodded and raced out of the room and into the hall to the scientist of the organization.

<><><><>

"Hey, mom! What's for dinner!?" Jessie called from downstairs. I turned my head to look down the hallway through my bedroom door, but my dad made me face him. I looked to mom and she just continued to look at me with her worried eyes.

"Mom... Jessie wants you." I said to her.

"He does? I didn't hear him. Are you sure hun?"

"Yes, I'm sure mom. I know what I heard." I tried to stand, but there was an ache in my ankle and grunted in pain.

"Lily! What's wrong?" My dad grabbed my hand, using his other push me back into a sitting position.

"Mom!" Jessie called out again. I heard some thumping on the stairs.

"Jess?" My mom must have heard him this time. I snickered at Jessie's nickname. Mom has called my brother Jess for a while now.

Jessie appeared at the doorway and looked at me. He paused, then yelled a little bit in horror. My mom immediately pushed him out of the room and into the hallway.