Chapter 5

I opened my eyes a second before my alarm went off. Aw man... I thought with a sigh.

After dragging myself to school, I went to the nearest bathroom like I did the day before. The bathrooms were never that crowded in the mornings, but there was always a group of girls hiding on their phone, gossiping about what not. It was never clear to me why. I always guessed it became a trend for groups to sit and wait on their phones for the 10 minute period we have before the warning bell.

I did my thing, washed my hands, and adjusted my hair to make it go over my eye. I used some water as gel to keep it in place. After a long sigh, I turned around to be face to face with my old friend Kim. I never see her anymore. Or talk to her for that matter.

She has curly black hair, olive skin, wired glasses, and dark brown eyes. She always wore her thick yellow headband to keep her curls out of her face. Today, she was wearing a navy blue capris, a pink top, and a Jean jacket over her top. She had white Adidas as well. Kim glared at me and I stepped back an inch.

"Hey old friend..." I muttered, refusing to look her in the eye. Kim didn't reply. She just huffed and went to the sink next to me.

With that, I rolled my eyes and left the bathroom.

The bathroom was always the worst place for me to bump into someone like Kim. Unlike Dove who's been hating on me since I moved here, Kim was the only person who understood me. Then, something happened and she hated me as well. I haven't talked to her in about a year but all's well that ends well.

Now, I don't really have any friends. I know a few people, but they never really talk to me besides a wave and a hi every once in a while. School has never really been the best thing for me. That's why I always desire to go home. That's the joy of being me. You might be thinking, 'oh! You can be homeschooled!' But I don't want to bother my parents. I don't like school anyways.

So here I am now, walking through school, half blind because my hair is in my face. I should do something about how long it is. It would make me feel a lot better.

A little later now. I'm walking home. Jessie is a little far behind me on his phone. Now to business. I started thinking about some questions I can ask Matthew if he comes tonight. Like; why me when there are millions of people in the world? Why does getting knocked out help you learn what powers were passed down? How did you even learn this stuff!?

I sighed and looked around. I was getting close to the apartment. Jessie was catching up, still on the phone.

"Love you, bye." I heard him say. Jessie hung out and put his phone in his pocket. "What?" He asked, noticing I was staring at him.

"Since when did you have a girlfriend?" I asked with a giggle.

"Why? You don't have a boy yet? You jealous?"

"What!? No!" I rejected, tilting my head up in fiery. I hated when Jessie called me jealous. Especially when he thought I was jealous of him.

"Yeah you are!" Jessie teased.

"Son of a Banshee." I muttered under my breath. "Do you mind?"

"What? I don't speak lame." Jessie stuck his tongue out in my face.

"Stop it you jerk!" I said, walking faster.

"Huh?" He made an effort to stay right behind me.

"Ahh! Stop it Jess! You such a frickin jerk!" I turned around and pushed him as hard as I could. Jessie stumbled backwards and fell onto the concrete.

"Ow! Lilian! Since when did you push so hard."

"What? You mean you can't push me that hard?" I asked sarcastically. "You jealous?" I put my hands on my hips.